Overview Genie Industries/Terex Aerial Work Platforms (AWP), a business segment of the Terex Corporation, is headquartered in Redmond, WA with branch offices worldwide; we manufacture material lifts, aerial work platforms, trailer-mounted booms and light towers, telehandlers, scissor lifts and self-propelled telescopic and articulating booms. We are a company with a strong safety first mentality, team based culture, respect for the individual and high integrity.
Responsibilities Will be primary responsible for implementing, improving and maintaining the Terex AWP health, safety and environmental programs. This individual is responsible for the day to day management of programs and activities related to injury and illness prevention; sustainability, conservation practices and compliance with local, federal and company requirements.
- Maintain Terex AWP Environmental programs and Safety programs such as spill prevention; storm water management; Air Permits; hazardous and solid waste management; energy conservation, exposure monitoring, ergonomics, behavior based safety, electrical safety and hazard communication.
- Inspect workplaces for the presences of health & safety hazards and environmental concerns. Evaluate workplace environments, equipment and practices for compliance with standards and government regulations.
- Make recommendations to control or eliminate unsafe conditions in the workplace, injuries and illnesses and environmental concerns or liabilities.
- Conduct safety and environmental training and education programs; demonstrate the use of safety and environmental equipment. Assess training needs and monitor training completion.
- Maintain inventories of hazardous materials and hazardous wastes, using waste tracking systems to ensure that materials are handled properly. Maintain files such as hazardous waste databases; inspection logs, chemical usage data, exposure monitoring and diagrams showing equipment locations. Gather data for annual or periodic reporting Investigate incidents to identify causes and to determine how such incidents might be prevented in the future.
- Investigate incidents to identify causes and to determine how such incidents might be prevented in the future.
- Collect samples of gases, soils, water, and industrial wastewater, to conduct tests on pollutant levels and identify sources of pollution. Collect samples of dust, gases, vapors, and other potentially toxic or hazardous materials for analysis; or arrange for sampling. Qualifications - Knowledge and Skills
Requires professional specialization in industrial health and safety. Requires a thorough knowledge of regulations affecting environmental, health, and safety. Requires well-developed writing and verbal skills sufficient to design, deliver, and communicate training, rules, and procedures; to solve problems and resolve conflict; to investigate incidents; and prepare compliance reports. Requires skill in identifying training needs.
Requires the technical skills to perform the responsibilities of the position. Requires the ability to convert environmental, health and safety program goals into plant-specific action plans. Requires the ability to conduct audits and training. Requires the ability to respond quickly to incidents and take appropriate action to assure team members of their safety.
- Working Conditions
Requires sufficient ambulatory ability to walk through a manufacturing environment on a frequent basis, with occasional need to bend and stoop. Requires sufficient hand-arm-eye coordination to demonstrate safe work practices and to operate a computer keyboard. Requires near visual acuity to observe environmental, health, and safety issues; and to be aware of moving objects. Requires auditory ability to project voice to a small group in a noisy environment and to carry on conversations.
- Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in an Environmental, Health, Safety, Industrial Engineering or equivalent discipline desired, and one to three years of progressively responsible experience in plant health and safety required. Experience or education in ergonomics is highly desirable.
DOSH, OSHA, ANSI, NEC, NFPA, and General Industry Safety Standards. Environmental knowledge a plus.
Principles of program management.
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...