We are seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Head of Engineering (Americas) for our New York City office. The candidate shall posses the right balance of leadership, management and tactical experience to successfully fulfill strategic initiatives and direct the in house engineering team to maintain and improve engineering corporate standards and best practices. She/He will interface with clients to understand the business goals and achieve the occupancy and technology requirements. She/He will work side by side to key project stakeholders in real estate, project management, IT, property operations and other partner groups.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Direct cost effective design of critical facilities infrastructure to achieve requirements and resilience targets
- Review and recommend actions on major proposed property leases or acquisitions to accommodate the proposed engineering MEPS equipment and systems.
- Develop and maintain corporate standards and specifications that govern all aspects of critical facilities and critical infrastructure.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to ensure capacity planning for new projects meets requirements.
- Develop risk/reliability models for new critical systems designs, construction, and renovations.
- Maintain perspective on new and emerging technologies and analyze potential uses within portfolio.
- Review all procurement and engineering specifications and participate in the procurement process to ensure consistency in approach across regions.
- Maintain industry awareness of new technology infrastructure hardware, trends, and future requirements.
- Work with CS project management to effectively communicate with business units in relation to Engineering and Critical Facilities issues.
- Develop and maintain a strong and professional working relationship with executive and senior management of IT/EDC, Real Estate, Business Continuity Management, Security and Multi Media.
- Work closely with the Property Operations group when undertaking engineering initiatives, environmental studies or new capital projects. Involve Property Operations from day one to guarantee delivery of systems that are efficient and properly maintainable.
- Benchmark MS critical facilities in relation to industry best practice.
The role requires a comprehensive understanding of how large financial institutions operate, key challenges faced in the operating environment and an ability to navigate the evolving Engineering and Critical Facilities function through change in the organization both strategically and operationally.
- Working under pressure to ensure adequate resilience, capacity and performance across critical facilities in the Americas.
- Maintaining a global approach to engineering solutions. Coordinating with colleagues in Asia and EMEA to ensure consistency in the approach to engineering systems, resiliency and reliability while recognizing and solving for regional variations.
- Continually responding to and providing solutions for numerous, diverse and complex real estate issues pertaining to critical facilities including contractual and logistical issues. Ensure that executory leases are reviewed and engineering requirements are fulfilled.
- Work in a dynamic team setting where diverging ideas and points of view are the norm and part of the value creating process.
Knowledge and Experience
BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, MS in Engineering is a plus.
10 years + work experience. PE is a plus.
Experience as engineering manager working directly for financial institutions is preferable.
Excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
- Consultative and client-centric approach in service delivery, supported by strong problem solving skills
- A high degree of professionalism and tact in handling sensitive situations.
One of the world's top investment banks, Morgan Stanley serves up a smorgasbord of financial services. The company operates...