LifeHOUSE Health Services (www.lifehouseproperties.com) is a growing and dynamic presence in the senior living industry. With a current portfolio of assisted, independent, and skilled nursing communities in Michigan, California, and Illinois, LifeHOUSE is poised for continued growth and expansion. We are building a talented team of professionals who are passionate about senior care and who are excited to be part of a growing organization.
LifeHOUSE has an opening in Bakersfield for a Director of Admissions. Director of Admissions manages the facility inquiry and admission process and provides customers with facility-related information via facility tours, personal visits/assessments, conversations and follow-up. Coordinates and implements effective sales and marketing programs with the Corporate Sales and Marketing Team.
- Responds to inquiry calls from hospital discharge planners, families, and other referral sources. Conducts facility tours. Manages the admission process by maintaining updated bed availability and faculty services information at all times. Manages the inquiry process professionally, timely and with appropriate follow-up. Effectively manages occupancy levels and census/premium mix enhancement.
- Makes sales calls outside the facility to medical, insurance, legal and financial professionals, and senior organizations, appropriate special interest groups, hospital discharge planners and other community contacts. Develops and maintains relationships to advise referral sources of bed availability and new products and services. Efficiently meets the daily needs of the community at large. Maintains current database of existing and potential referral sources. Utilizes LifeHOUSE sales practices and sales tracking tools.
- Alerts appropriate department heads and building staff of projected changes; i.e. (admissions, bed changes, and discharges), through daily admission meeting to discuss forthcoming changes. Utilizes bed management principles. Maintains a close working relationship with the Director of Nursing (DNS) and the Business Office Manager (BOM) to assure appropriate and efficient decisions about prospective admissions. Recommends admission decisions to facility management. When admissions determinations are made, communicates with nursing and housekeeping about appropriate room and bed selection.
- Ensures appropriate admission paperwork and signatures are obtained from residents or responsible parties prior to admission. Communicates special needs of new admits to staff to ensure a smooth transition.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of sales and marketing plans.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Federal and State regulations and reimbursement guidelines (Medicare and Medicaid). Assists with managed care referral process.
- Verifies insurances to include (inquiring on benefits, CWF, medical eligibility and obtaining authorizations from HMO's.
- Responsible for entering diagnosis into the database.
- Maintains a database of medical contacts/community resources along with knowledge of industry trends and legislative/regulatory issues and communicates this information to facility staff and community contacts.
- Keeps all patient information confidential.
- Develops and implements special events and presentations targeted at community education, programs, and rehabilitation care in the community.
- Monitors and evaluates customer satisfaction. Audiences might include new admissions, post-discharges, current residents and families, community sources and others as appropriate to develop actions plans as needed.
Submit resume and salary expectations to:
- LVN preferred or healthcare experience.
- Two years equivalent experience in a sales/marketing position or Admissions Coordinator position in lieu of degree.
- Previous healthcare community relations experience preferred.
Lora Brashear, Director of Recruiting e-mail: email@example.com or fax to 1-800-878-1698.
EOE / M / F / D / V.
Please refer to the Job Description to view the requirements for this job
CareerBuilder - 13 months ago