By performing analysis of their customer's technical architecture, the Remote Product Specialist provides technical advisement when new security vulnerabilities exist. The RPS will use their technical expertise to reproduce customer environments for troubleshooting purposes.
- Provide mitigation strategies relevant to the global security landscape in conjunction with determination of their customer’s needs.
- Some travel will be required to visit customer sites, to evaluate customer systems, and to develop relationships.
- Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a variety of problems.
- Full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Associates Degree or a minimum of two years technical experience.
- 4-year degree preferred.
- Certification in one or more of the following: MCSE, CISSP, CCNA, CNE, GIAC.
- 2-4 years of experience with networking or security software.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in Enterprise level technical support.
- Strong verbal or written communication skills and interpersonal skills, as well as practiced relationship management skills.
- Proficiency in Contemporary Operating Systems, Advanced Networking Concepts, and Computer Security Concepts
Symantec - 15 months ago
Symantec's future seems to be secure. The company provides security, storage, and systems management software for businesses and...