Emtec, established in 1964, provides technology-empowered business solutions for world-class organizations in the enterprise, federal, state and local government, and education markets. With offices in 14 cities in the U.S., Canada and India, Emtec is big enough to address our client needs but small enough to care. Our local offices, highly-skilled associates, and global delivery capabilities ensure the accessibility and scale to align client’s technology solutions with their business needs. Emtec’s singular mission is to create “Clients for Life” - long-term relationships that deliver rapid, meaningful, and lasting business value. Our offerings span the entire IT lifecycle: from Consulting through Packaged, Custom, and Cloud Applications as well as a variety of Infrastructure Services.
Seeking an experienced Linux Systems Administrator with three or more years of experience to administer our Linux environment. The Administrator will be responsible for maintaining and growing a scalable, reliable, secure and highly available environment, joining a team responsible for 24x7 web environment.
Job responsibilities for this position will include;
Must Have Skill Set
- Configure, analyze, troubleshoot and maintain Linux systems in a high-availability 24x7 SaaS environment, propose and implements system enhancements
- Have familiarity with and follow ITIL best practices, e.g. Change Management, Patch Management, Configuration Management and Capacity Management
- Establishes and maintains systems and application users, user environment, directories, and security
- Work on cross-functional teams to implement projects and large customer deliverables
- Manage SAN and NFS servers
- Build, configure server hardware and associated devices.
- Monitor systems in our datacenter (CPU, Network IO, Disk IO)
- Manage system-level security of our servers
- Execute and assist in developing Tools/Scripts to help streamline the day to day processes, participate in a rotating 24 x 7 on-Call schedule.
- Generate report as per Audit requirements.
- Critical thinking and continuous improvement to improve the environment
- Remains abreast of changes in user and system software and hardware requirements.
- Document all systems, applications and security configurations.
Preferred Skill Set:
- 3-5 years’ experience in performing system administration responsibilities for Red Hat Linux Servers RHEL 5 & RHEL 6. – Experience in the administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- 3-5 years’ experience in configuring and administrating Red Hat Linux security and performing benchmark and security remediation
- 3+ years’ experience in automation
- Strong knowledge of Linux kernel configuration.
- Experience managing storage devices such as SAN and NAS
- OS configuration for Oracle RAC Setup
- Virtualization SOC2 or other audit experience
Professional Skill Set:
- Expert skill in writing and maintaining scripts (e.g. kornshell or Perl) and cron jobs Mastery of the command line
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be a motivated self-starter with attention to detail
- Team oriented performer, focused on the tasks and goals of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Emtec is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.