Position: Senior Project Architect Region: Los Angeles, CA
McKissack & McKissack, specializing in architecture & interiors, program & construction management, planning & facilities management, environmental engineering and transportation, has an immediate opening for a Senior Project Architect for our Los Angeles office. We are looking for a self-motivated individual, interested in personal growth, who wants to be a member of our growing team and who meets the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years experience in the building design and construction industry.
- LEED accreditation is a definite plus.
- Experience with K-12 or higher education facilities.
- Experience in all phases of the design process, including pre-planning, master planning and pre-design as well as project development of concepts through working drawings and construction administration.
- Experience with the design review process.
- Knowledge of national and local building codes.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a cooperative and effective manner with the owner.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate the work of consultants.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong computer skills, including experience in spreadsheets and project schedules as well as knowledgeable in the use of AutoCad software.
- Estimating skills is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
McKissack & McKissack
1401 New York Avenue, NW, Suite 900
Washington, DC 20005
Fax: (202) 347-6033
Equal Opportunity Employer
washingtonpost.com - 2 years ago