CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States. The company provides broadband, voice and wireless services to consumers and businesses across the country and advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLink™ Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands. In addition, the company provides data, voice and managed services to business, government and wholesale customers in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers. CenturyLink also is recognized as a leader in the network services market by key technology industry analyst firms, and is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises through Savvis, a CenturyLink company. CenturyLink’s customers range from Fortune 500 companies in some of the country’s largest cities to families living in rural America. Headquartered in Monroe, LA., CenturyLink is a S&P500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations. For more information, visit www.centurylink.com. |
View our video to learn more about Engineering Jobs with CenturyLink!
· Systems Administration and Management of critical services and applications
· Ability to work independently and as part of a small team to accomplish objectives
· Provides application support to internal customers on an as-needed basis
· Frequently works on company-wide projects as part of a larger team to meet business objectives
· Manages in a “top-to-bottom” systems support model including hardware, operating system, database, and application
· Must be self-motivated and identify potential problems, develop, and implement solutions without explicit instruction
· Work is highly visible and requires both excellent written and verbal skills to communicate to all levels of leadership and internal customers
Basic Job Qualifications & Skills
· Bachelor’s degree in a computer science-related field or equivalent career experience
· Intermediate-level knowledge of managing Windows Server technologies including Windows Server 2000, 2003, and 2008
· Intermediate-level knowledge of SQL technologies including MSSQL 2005+, MySQL, Sybase, and Oracle
· Intermediate-level knowledge of hardware operating in a datacenter environment including server hardware, networking technologies, backup and disaster recovery, and remote management
· Basic knowledge of telecommunications technologies including, but not limited to: SS7 & TDM, voice switching, VoIP, DSLAM, and BRAS
Preferred Job Qualifications & Skills
· *NIX administration including Solaris, Red Hat, and Debian
· Tools development and automation in any of the following languages: ASP, PHP, SQL, Perl, Shell Scripting, PowerShell, HTML
· Experience with network protocols, technologies, and packet inspection from a server administrator’s point-of-view
· Experience with different virtualization technologies including both application virtualization and server virtualization
· Active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance or ability to obtain one through a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Qwest Communications - 18 months ago