This position is a member of the Wholesale Services and/or Business Services sales engineering team responsible to maintain and grow existing revenues across all wholesale and/or business customer segments, including: RBOC’s, ILEC’s, IXC’s, CLEC’s, ISP’s, Wireless, VoIP and other emerging providers, and/or business segments including: healthcare, financial, hospitality and other verticals as defined. Performs job duties consistent within safety, legal and regulatory requirements; company standards, culture and business practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• All pre-sale customer network design and pricing activities.
• Business case development to insure project parameters and profitability meet corporate defined goals.
• Coordination and hand-off pre-sale design, business cases and assumptions to post-sale implementation organization.
• Maintaining and/or establishing relationships throughout the customer organizations and becoming a valued member of the customer’s strategic planning efforts.
• Ensuring the appropriate resources is allocated to support the customers across the FairPoint organization
• Exceeding assigned revenue and gross margin targets
• Representing FairPoint in a positive light within the telecommunications industry.
• New Business and installed base management skills with a track record of measurable success in exceeding specific sales targets.
• The ability to present to and negotiate with C-level decision makers, which require clear, concise communications skills, solid business sense and powerful presentations skills.
• Previous use of ROI tools and Financial Modeling as part of the sales process.
Contributes to departmental activities and programs by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The incumbent must also posses a strong understanding of both switching, transport technologies and data networking technologies and products.
In order to accomplish the essential duties of this position, the incumbent must have a Bachelor’s degree with five to ten years of direct telecommunications sales experience selling Voice, Data, Broadband and e-commerce to large complex customers.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FairPoint Communications reserves the right to change or revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This document is not a written or implied contract of employment.
FairPoint Communications - 23 months ago
FairPoint Communications provides local and long-distance phone services, which account for nearly half of sales, as well as broadband...