A Program Manager II incorporates the basics of Program Management with a high level of strategic and personnel management skills to support the Principles of Project Management. The ideal candidate will be flexible, organized, proactive, multi-tasking and comfortable working independently. In this position, you will oversee programs to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with established specifications, schedules, and budgets; coordinate interdepartmental functions in order to minimize delays; and meet with program team members on a regular basis to review program status and plan future actions.
EchoStar is a billion dollar company with over 5,000 employees worldwide and more than 25 years of experience designing, developing and distributing award-winning television set-top boxes, services and related delivery products for television. EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and digital TV solutions that enhance today's home entertainment lifestyle. It’s wholly owned subsidiary, Hughes , is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, delivering innovative network technologies and managed network services for enterprises and governments in more than 100 countries.
Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet ®, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded ® technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System and Blockbuster.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficient in project planning, organizing, team motivation, and delegation
- Budgeting and data analysis skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent documentation skills
- Team player and able to manage others through teamwork
- Understanding and experience with related business and development processes
- Goal-oriented, self-directed, needs little direction
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in an ever changing environment
- Fast learner with ability to operate effectively in new environments
- Able to collaborate as a strong team member in a fast-paced environment
- Able to integrate information from multiple sources in order to anticipate issues, come up with solutions, and resolve the problems
- Able to influence individuals at all levels in different departments, including senior executives
- High degree of commitment, flexibility, self-motivation, self-confidence, assertiveness, and high tolerance of ambiguity
- Manages meetings, conferences, webinars and telephone calls.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team and prepare meetings notes accordingly.
- Communicates relevant project information to superiors.
Skills and Qualifications
- Other duties as assigned. This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university plus at least two years of experience; or at least five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Candidate must possess strong organizational, communication skills, be comfortable working in a fast paced, stressful environment, be flexible, organized, proactive, multi-tasking and comfortable working independently
- Experience with Microsoft® Project is required
- An understanding of general accounting principles is desired as well as experience with computer-based spreadsheets, accounting systems, word processors and graphics systems
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate a range of activities is a must
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, business partners, and/or board of directors
- Must be able to work in a team capacity as well as individually
EchoStar - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
EchoStar provides satellite services for video transport and digital cinema distribution. Whether delivering multichannel digital services...