Entergy Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. We own and operate power plants, and are the second-largest nuclear generator in the United States. This position will be located at our James A. Fitzpatrick Building in Oswego, NY.
Mgr, Project Management
Req # 109435
Salary: $118,000 - $176,000 per year
Duties & Responsibilities:
Report to: Dir, Project Management
- Responsible for oversight and implementation of engineering projects at an Entergy Nuclear plant. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure projects achieve stated objectives, meet established schedules and are completed within approved authorizations and budgets.
- Ensure projects are implemented in accordance with regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain site asset management plans.
- Review work assignments to ensure the staff is responding appropriately to department and organizational needs.
- Coordinate activities with other departments to minimize plant and system downtime and maximize plant power generation.
- Negotiate with venders to acquire parts and services.
- Represent the department at meetings to discuss and resolve matters effecting nuclear plant safety, industrial safety, radiological safety, and environmental conditions.
- Review and evaluate performance of engineering staff and contractors.
- Propose process and design changes that improve station and personnel efficiency.
- Interface with regulatory and industry representatives on behalf of station activities
Required Qualifications:Qualifications, Experience, & Physical Requirements:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or other scientific discipline generally associated with power plant operations or Equivalent Experience. (Equivalent Experience is defined as demonstrated success at the Manager level. A degree is very strongly preferred.)
- 8 years experience in nuclear power design, construction, maintenance, operations, P&SO, or equivalent.
- 5 years of Engineering experience in an operating nuclear power plant environment.
- Technical proficiency in Project Management.
- Technical understanding of nuclear generation principles and operation.
- SRO license or certification on a PWR or BWR.
- 5 years supervisory/management experience.
- Professional engineering license.
- Project Management certification (PMP)
- Outstanding communication, conflict management, and change management skills
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company.
Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Apply online at:
Click on job postings and enter Job Requisition Number #109435
Entergy offers excellent benefits including relocation, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan, paid vacation, holidays and more. Entergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ENGINEERING.com - 2 years ago
Entergy New Orleans lights up the path for the unsteady, libation-influenced patrons of Bourbon Street and others in the Crescent City. The...