Comcast Spotlight is the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable. Our mission is to harness the enormous impact of cable television on behalf of our advertisers. Comcast Spotlight serves 90+ of the nation's 210 designated market areas - including eight of the top 10 television markets. Comcast Spotlight's goal is to make cable television easy to buy, and to enhance the value of spot television via new technologies.
Comcast Spotlight is headquartered in New York City with 3,200 professionals located across the country, providing companies and their agencies with local, regional, and national spot advertising opportunities. Comcast Spotlight's Media Sales portfolio provides effective, interactive and targeted advertising applications that only spot cable can provide including: zone-based targeted : 30 spot advertising, long-form video on demand, and four distinct interactive platforms: Request For Information, Telescoping, Remind-Record, and the Comcast Interactive Program Guide.
Responsible for supporting the pre-sales activities of assigned Account Executives or Accounts including prospecting new clients, account stewardship, assisting with proposals and presentations, and research. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
prospecting methods including direct mail, television monitoring, radio
- Assists Account Executives in seeking new customers through various
monitoring, newspaper monitoring, print monitoring, and internal
schedules, and pricing focusing on bundled sales (sports, advanced media
- Aids Account Executives in building client proposals, advertising
address customer needs and highlight the benefits of buying our products
- Assists in the development of sales presentations and materials that
or services, focusing on bundled sales opportunities.
objectives, including working with marketing and promotions to plan,
- Assists in the planning of client promotions to meet marketing
price and arrange each event.
Account Executives in client positioning (focusing on share growth,
- Gathers research information and data from available sources to assist
churn reduction and new business.)
Executive involvement and direction. Works with Account Manager to
- Solidifies relationships with key client personnel through Account
provide additional stewardship direction in regard to make goods.
Account Executives informed on what else a client may be buying to
- Monitors competitive media spending for current clients to keep
create up-sell opportunities.
entertainment for each client for tracking purposes and to be used at
- Keeps detailed reports on all added value, bonus, promotions, and
advanced media, sports, and promotions.
- Interacts with Account Executives regarding research, programming,
role in targeting accounts by learning marketing objectives, identifying
- Participates in quarterly business plan meetings and takes an active
key influencers and decision-makers, and brainstorming ideas.
Participates in sales meetings, training programs, and conferences as
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 7+ years related experience
Comcast - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online...