Investigates, determines liability, confirms coverage, establishes damages, and negotiates settlement of claims. Will also be required to maintain an active adjusters license in states where required.
• Conducts office investigation on assigned cases, confirms coverage, determines liability, establishes damages, reports status, and negotiates settlement (has authority to make payment of assigned claims within prescribed limits).
• Adjusts all types of claims.
• Reviews documentation on damaged property and vehicles, and determines claims related damage.
• Reviews and adjusts estimates provided on the cost of repair or replacement of damaged or stolen property and vehicles.
• Determines and reports on subrogation potential.
• Refers potential salvage vehicles, personal property, and miscellaneous salvage items to the Salvage COE.
• Reports theft, fraud, and arson losses as required to state and industry agencies.
• Performs most duties on an individual basis, and work has a direct bearing on Management results.
• Represents the Company from a public relations standpoint and must conduct oneself as a member of Management at all times.
• Telephone and electronic communications are a major part of activity and include policyholders, claimants, agents, witnesses, repair facilities, contractors, police and fire departments, state and county fraud and arson personnel, special investigators, attorneys, expert witnesses, members of the medical profession and all other persons incident to the investigation and processing of claims.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
Enter preferred skills and abilities.
Bending Pulling Sorting Carrying up to 20 lbs. Pushing Speaking (English) Climbing Reaching Standing Key entering Reading (English) Walking Kneeling Seeing Writing (English)
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
Four-year college degree required.
Successful completion of the Office Claims Representative Certification process required, including all prerequisites and exams. External candidates have 6 months from the date of hire to complete the process, and should have a minimum of 12 months prior claims experience.
Special Skills Requirements
Communication Personal Computer Literate Bondable
Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of other...