The primary purpose of the Case Manager position is to coordinate the process of providing quality services from the point of access through discharge. Effectuates the process of assessment and admission in collaboration with the patient, families, referring parties and unit staff. Gathers, monitors, and evaluates information for the purpose of treatment planning and utilization review. Organizes, coordinates, secures, and integrates resources necessary to accomplish the goals of treatment and discharge planning in collaboration with treatment team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree from accredited program in a health related field, and licensed B.S.W plus three years of clinical experience in a psychiatric /mental health setting Or Masters in Behavioral Health related field required.
2. Minimum of three years recent acute clinical practice or related health care experience preferred
3. An individual with psychiatric triage and assessment experience preferred
4. Crisis prevention training, or must acquire within 6 months of employment, required.
5. BLS required from American Red Cross or Healthcare Provider Card from the American Heart Association.
On feet a minimum of 8-12 hours, depending on length of shift.
Read charts, dials, equipment settings, literature and other printed and handwritten materials.
Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone
Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
KMC operates 24 hours per day each day of the year, operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment. Potential exposure to hostile individuals.
Kootenai Health - 22 months ago