Collection of overdue funds on assigned accounts in a professional manner. Efforts will include using designed software/tools, a variety of collection techniques, legal claims, and the selective use of outside collection services.
- Collections - Update customer files and shared master files with contact modifications, payment terms, and special collection requirements. Contact customer regarding all past due invoices on account and determines cause of delay. Process demand letters, bond filings, liens, and bankruptcy filings. Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Balance Dues/Overpayments - Generates balance/credit due statements and forwards to customer for payment. Notify Credit Manager and Pricing Manager of rate discrepancies from rates on file and those in possession of the customer. Ensure refund checks are cut regarding duplicate payments and forwarded to the customer. Enter adjusting entries for internal billing errors, or have invoice re-billed.
- Third Party Collections - Assign cases to third party collectors due to unsuccessful in-house collection efforts. Maintain case files for monthly follow-up and documentation, reporting status to Credit Manager.
- Bankruptcy Files - Submit claim for outstanding balance to the state bankruptcy court where creditor filed. Maintain a case file, and update Infinium, with all documentation relating to bankruptcy issues. Assist Credit Manager in sale of bad debt, when possible.
- Professional Development - Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending and participating in appropriate training. Contribute to department goals by accomplishing related results as needed. Ensure Company confidentiality.
Minimum Education or Experience Requirements
- Ability to communicate through verbal and written correspondence with all levels of management, employees, and outside contacts.
- Intermediate computer skills using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Accurate typing and data entry skills.
- Ability to work multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- Assertive decision making ability
- Credit/Collection knowledge
Prefer previous experience in an Accounting or Customer Service field or a BS degree in a business related field.