Do you have a knack for telling a story through your writing, your photos and/or your videos? Yes? Keep reading. If you also have a passion for analytics and business strategy and are a passionate skier or snowboarder, you might be a perfect fit for our team. We’re hiring a full-time Digital Content Coordinator to create, curate, repurpose and organize multimedia stories. You’ll need to be a stellar writer and editor, as well as have exceptional organizational skills and social media/digital acumen.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Write, edit and produce original multi-media content with an eye toward inspirational, influential, compelling content that can be shared and that drives engagement
- Assign articles and multimedia projects to freelance writers, bloggers, photographers, videographers, graphic designers and in-house staff
- Work with in-house staff and external agencies on video production such as ideation, script-writing, production, post production, etc.
- Work with manager to administer the content calendar and editorial plan while coordinating with all departments (creative services, marketing, PR, email, search, etc)
- Oversee corporate content portal and develop an effective team of bloggers, contributors and creatives
- Stay ahead of the curve on social media and content trends and develop reports and POVs on new trends for the Vail Resorts team
- Brainstorm and guide compelling content ideas
- Work with manager to oversee content expense budget, contracts and other admin duties.
- Proven ability to approach creative projects with a business strategy approach
- Experience with branded multimedia content across multiple channels
- Ability to manage internal and external content creators with clear direction (creative briefs, scripts, etc) and with firm deadlines and ability to manage contracts, budgets and a complex edit calendar
- A keen eye for finding and nurturing talented content creators, as well as editing and developing them into even more effective and powerful storytellers
- The technical skills to produce multimedia content (could range from content management systems to photo editing to video editing to graphic design skills) and the drive to incorporate new and emerging technologies, platforms, elements and angles
- Superb writing and editing skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work in a corporate environment and provide guidance across multiple departments and groups to produce content and distribute it
- The know-how to analyze the effectiveness of content and business campaigns
- A creative, innovative storyteller and editor who is also strategic and business savvy
- A risk taker who wants to innovate and set new trends, not just follow them
- A passionate participant in the ski and snowboard industry with a deep understanding of the industry and the key players
- Must have the desire to provide top-notch guest service internally and externally and be available evenings, holidays, weekends
- A Social media and content “junkie” and/or a self-proclaimed techie who strives to be an early adopter
- A team player who seeks to improve and enhance the team’s success
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Multimedia, Communications, or a related field
- Minimum 1 year experience in online media and or multimedia content production
- Expert with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge of HTML, web and graphics applications; photoshop
- Experience with CMS, Wordpress, or Drupal
- Ability to write quickly, accurately and intelligently and inspire people through your writing
- Knowledge of video production and script-writing, storyboarding and editing
- Excellent story editing and conceptualizing skills
- Solid editorial judgment and a strong editorial voice
- Proven passion and demonstrated ability for using social media tools including Facebook, Twitter, blogs, widgets, YouTube, RSS, social bookmarking, etc
- A understanding of the ski and snowboard industry and the ability to connect with snow sports enthusiasts
- A passion for skiing, snowboarding, and the outdoors
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities on the fly
- Must be able to roll up your sleeves, this is a hands on position.
- Intermediate skier or snowboarder
- Photography and/or video skills
- Development and/or coding experience
Have Fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Values. Do Good. Be Safe . These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts - 11 months ago
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...