The controller is responsible for the divisional accounting duties to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results. The position is responsible for organizing, directing and controlling the work of accounting personnel in collecting, summarizing, and interpreting financial data for the use of management, creditors, and taxing authorities. Directs budget and cost controls and accounting practices. Helps develop forecasts for proposed projects, measures actual performance against operating plans and standards and interprets the results of operations for all levels of management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide leadership to the international finance and accounting team regarding all technical accounting questions and update the organization on changes to critical accounting policies and procedures.
• Preparation and review of monthly financial performance (revenue, operating profit and cash). Review monthly reconciliations and journal entries to assure accurate financial information is generated and proper internal controls are in place, in accordance with GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and Gibson policies and procedures.
• Provide guidance to the global management team supporting strategic decisions, capacity planning, capital requests, standard costs, variance analysis, physical inventories, operational metrics, ERP systems, reserve requirements, and other management objectives.
• Preparation of all forecasting requirements including the annual budget, monthly outlook, and weekly financial updates.
• Ensure that all statutory reporting requirements and deadlines are met.
• Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of internal controls and procedures.
• Provide financial and accounting leadership, due diligence, and post-acquisition integration support for special projects.
• Assist with preparing international tax packages and ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Analyze financial and operational information to determine the most efficient use of resources and capital. Provide strategic recommendations and solutions to the operational units and senior management team.
• Actively participate in initiatives and special projects as required by senior management, divisional leadership, and corporate.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Master’s degree in Accounting or MBA preferred.
• Minimum of five to ten years of public accounting and/or manufacturing experience is required.
• International accounting experience is preferred.
• Accounting systems experience with Great Plains, Dynamics AX, Hyperion, HFM.
• CPA or CMA required.
• Well-developed ability to multi-task and prioritize with strong attention to details.
*Gibson offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and paid time off.
To be considered for this position, please send resume and salary history to email@example.com and put “ Controller ” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.
Gibson Brands Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
Real pickers put Gibson Guitar on a pedestal. Although it trails top guitar maker Fender, Gibson builds instruments that are held in...