Reporting to the Executive Director of the Office of Program Devleopment & Enterprise Project Managament the Senior Program Development Associate will be responsible for leading the project management efforts of the MassHealth Strategic Performance Management Office (SPMO) focused on strengthening the performance of the MassHealth programmatic and operational units. The Senior Program Development Associate will be an integral member of an internal consulting team responsible for managing all aspects of the project life cycle for MassHealth project leads.
- Lead new program development and implementation teams for medium to large size projects for the Program Development office of Commonwealth Medicine.
- Identify required resources for program development and implementation teams; assess necessary skill sets and competencies to accomplish program development objectives.
- Develop and maintain an effective relationship with clients, team members, Commonwealth Medicine leadership and other program development staff.
- Convene, direct and lead an assembled program development team to effectively address the client’s requirements according to the program’s objectives, schedule and budget.
- Ensure that new program development is timely, successful, and meets customer expectations.
- Document and maintain current: program development reports, meeting minutes, decisions, progress reports, schedules, budgets, cost tracking reports, and other pertinent reports.
- Identify best business practices to be applied to product design and implementation.
- Provide operational consulting services to clients of Commonwealth Medicine.
- Participate in the business planning process for Commonwealth Medicine.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Master’s degree in Business, Health/Science Administration, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years related experience.
- Proven administrative and management ability in complex environments.
- Demonstrated performance in operations management, program development or program implementation.
- Experience with the development and maintenance of infrastructure systems, including facility, information technology, personnel and finance systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Innovation, flexibility and creativity.
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple public sector entities.
- Previous project management or consulting experience
- Quantitative and critical reasoning skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Project management certification (PMI or similar) and/or certification in use of specific methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, Agile, TQM, etc. preferred but not required
- Will initiate and drive the planning, design and implementation of priority projects within MassHealth.
- Will manage cross-functional projects and teams by setting strategy, design and plan goals based on established Project Management techniques and alignment with MassHealth strategic priorities.
- Will drive results through effective facilitation and clear direction with a focus on timely and effective solutions.
- Will develop and/or manage the development of project plans, business requirements, proposals, reports, policies and presentations to drive project results.
- Will review, analyze, strategize, and/or develop a variety of plans, processes and systems to draw conclusions, ensure progress, compliance and make recommendations.
- Will maintain and adhere to project budget, work plan and key deliverables.
- Will assess progress, best practices, and lessons learned from project outcomes.
- Will coordinate administration of the Strategic Performance Management Office.
- Will present project results, analysis and details to advise leadership on strategic initiatives.
- Will provide ongoing status reports of progress in program development and implementation to Commonwealth Medicine senior staff
SPECIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrates excellent analytical skills and utilizes independent judgment.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead and direct multidisciplinary groups
- Exercises professional behavior and discretion.
- Meets project deadlines.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess priorities and operate in a flexible manner in order to meet the dynamic needs of the department and the Program Development teams.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED :
Director of Program Development
Program development and implementation teams
UMass Medical School - 14 months ago