Sr. Firmware Engineer
We are seeking self-motivated firmware engineers to join a growing team of SSD developers who focus on moving Intel's NAND & SSD technologies into new market segments. An SSD FW engineer in this group will be involved in numerous activities including contributing to the embedded architecture & design, HW interface programming, algorithm design/implementation and custom customer feature implementation. Product requirements are evolving quickly as SSDs gain market share so new and creative solutions are demanded on a regular basis of our engineers to meet the customer requirements or showcase new SSD capabilities. Our team is focused on building SSDs that add renewed and differentiated value to the PC platform in market segments that are early adopters of SSD products. Engineers are responsible for design, source code development, review and maintenance, unit and system level test/verification and release of the entire SSD firmware stack.
You must possess a minimum of a Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science with 7+ years (5 years with Master or Ph.D.) in embedded systems development or related field
- Strong computer architecture and C/C++ programming skills.
- Demonstrated experience in design and implementation of multitask, event driven real time firmware using C (or C++).
- Demonstrated understanding of RTOS concepts including task switching, deadlocks, and resource management issues.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems, diagnose root cause, and apply corrective actions
- Good oral and written skills.
- Experience of storage interface standards such as SATA, SAS, PCIe, or Fiber Channel.
- Experience of ARM or equivalent processors.
- Experience optimizing firmware/software to meet performance metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a diverse team environment and with others in cross-site organizations.
- Experience in system-level debugging skills.
- Knowledge of HDL a plus.
USA-California, Santa Clara
Feb 12, 2013
Feb 13, 2014
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to final test and optimization, and lastly packaging. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing group are part of a worldwide network of manufacturing and assembly/test facilities.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 17 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...