POSITION TITLE: PATIENT REGISTRATION REPRESENTATIVE
Greets and/or schedules courteously all family practice patients. Performs all reception and secretarial duties for Cascades East Family Practice Center, also provides support in filing and data entry areas. This position is to assure the optimal scheduling of patient appointments and appropriate registration of patients for their appointments in accordance with all Sky Lakes, federal and state regulations as well as obtaining all needed patient information for the processing of claims for reimbursement. Adheres to and supports Sky Lakes Business Priorities and Core Values.
Computer experience; 50 wpm typing; 1 year previous medical office experience; Medical terminology; ability to organize, prioritize work and attend to detail; Communicate effectively orally and in writing; Maintain strict confidentiality; self starter, flexible; Team player; and Knowledge of operation of copiers, fax, and other small business machines.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS:
Medium physical/mental demands capabilities required. Must be able to work independently as well as with physicians, patients/family members and other coworkers courteously. Able to work with time constraints; high stress situation and multiple tasks. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, handle many telephone lines, walk/maneuver frequently in and around clinic building. Excellent problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills required
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Accurately updates patient demographic information, insurance
information and verifies insurance coverage (CCC eligibility and medical
eligibility) at each patient visit. Scans patient insurance cards and driver’s
license during registration process.
• Maintains 95% registration accuracy. Makes all corrections to registration
errors within 48 hours of feedback from auditor.
• Requests and collects insurance co-payments and self payment deposits.
• Counts and verifies cash drawer, forwards paperwork and deposit to
business office on a daily basis.
• Greets incoming patients with warmth, compassion and professionalism.
Assist patients as needed. (paperwork, provide direction to patients as
needed to other hospital services).
• Notifies physicians of death certificates and contacts funeral homes as
• Schedules patient appointments in accordance with CEFPC protocols.
Contacts patients to remind them of their next day appointments. Cancels
patient appointments as required. Completes RIP forms and forwards on
to physician. Notifies patient when RIP form is completed.
• Makes copies of needed documents as required (i.e., superbills, medical
records release forms, etc.).
• Pulls patient charts for patients who walk in requesting treatment.
Assemble new patient charts as needed for new patient clinic visits.
Prepares patient charts with face sheets for the next day.
• Answers incoming telephone lines; route calls to appropriate coworker.
Identifies self when answering phone as part of greeting. Takes complete
and accurate patient messages for doctors and/or nursing (patient name,
phone number, doctor’s name, etc.), and e-mail to doctor/nurse within 1
hour of patient call.
• Maintains strict patient confidentiality of all information.
• As needed, educate patients on CEFPC policies and procedures (i.e., Rx
refills, referrals, etc.).
• Assists medical records with sorting, filing, alphabetizing documents.
• Unlocks and open, lock and close front clinic doors daily.
• Attends monthly front office meeting, all staff meeting.
Sky Lakes Medical Center - 18 months ago
Sky Lakes Medical Center is a community-owned regional healthcare center serving some 120,000 people in a 10,000-square-mile area in...