This position is responsible for providing leadership and management for their branch team in support of their Branch Manager, as well as ensures profitability, growth and sound operations. This position is responsible for assisting new and existing customers with their immediate, short term and long term financial needs through the proper handling of transactions, new account openings, maintenance requests, credit requests, and appropriate partner referrals. This position regularly combines the transaction and account opening functions, knowledge, skills and abilities.
around sales, service and operations toward stated goals.
- Assist the Branch Manager by taking the lead in the following areas for the branch team:
- Coach, train and develop team by formal observation and coaching session
exceed sales goals and expand customer relationships as outlined in the
- Serve as back up resource to the Branch Manager.
- Work with Branch Manager to develop and implement business plan to
Customer Relationship Profitability Management Program (CRPM).
standards set by the Bank are followed by all teammates.
- Make and communicate credit decisions.
- Ensure that policies, procedures and external and internal customer service
corrections are made.
- Approve and submit time sheets for branch teammates.
- Assist branch teammates with out-of-balance reconciliations ensuring appropriate
Performance Management cycle for all branch teammates.
- Responsible for collaborating with the Branch Manager in regards to the
- Balance cash each day according to established schedule and performance
appropriate sales activities (PAs, Aisle Marketing, Outbound Calling, and
- Responsible for attaining individual sales goals.
- Promote the bank’s products and services by engaging customers through
Customer Needs Assessments).
- Perform paying and receiving functions within established authorities and open
- Assist in the hiring process by interviewing and recommending candidates.
- Manage key branch reports. (i.e. Charge Offs, Overdrafts, Insufficient Funds,
operational, procedural or policy changes.
- Participate in monthly conference calls to keep the team informed of all
- Effectively resolve customer issues.
- Promote the bank through community involvement and making outside business
throughout Union First Market Bankshares.
- Foster teamwork and cohesiveness between divisions and departments
including compliance with Union First Market Bankshares’ BSA/AML Policy and
- Adhere to all applicable laws and regulations governing bank operations,
This position reports to the Branch Manager.
Education & Experience
Knowledge & Skills
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- One to three years banking experience
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to inspire team members to excel
- Proven ability to attain individual sales goals
- Highly motivated and committed individual
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent math skills
- Well organized
- Attention to detail
- Intermediate computer skills
- Flexible, able to adapt to change
Union First Market Bank - 13 months ago
Union First Market Bankshares Corporation is the largest community banking organization based in the state of Virginia. We provide full...