General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS) is a $4 Billion business unit of General Dynamics Corporation and has a 65 year defense heritage of providing high quality, technically superior, high value products and services to the United States and its allies. Land Systems has the leadership, financial resources, technology and strength of more than 8,400 employees who are dedicated to making the company the world's preferred supplier of a full spectrum of land and amphibious weapons systems. This dedication assures every shareholder, customer and the nation that the name General Dynamics will always mean Strength on Your Side.
This position is for a Maintenance Engineer responsible for conducting detailed analyses, assessments and trade-offs of evolving and approved designs to identify, define and document system support requirements primarily in support of depot level maintenance operations. This may include:
1. Review drawings, Change requests, Engineering Change proposals, computer models, SCM vendor data, and other technical documentation to identify maintenance and supply support requirements for the design.
2. Support the development, maintenance and update of requirements database in accordance with MIL-STD-1388-2B, MIL-PRF-49506 and SLIC/SLICWAVE or other comparable tools.
3. Conduct and/or support trade-offs for support alternatives and conduct level of repair analyses, including depot level support alternatives.
4. Conduct detailed tasks analysis as part of the Logistic Support Analysis (LSA) process to identify resources required to maintain and support the design.
5. Document results of the detailed task analysis in the Logistic Support Analysis Record (LSAR) database.
6. Translate engineering & other technical information into source data in support of National Maintenance Work Requirements (NMWRs) and ILS products development.
7. Support/assist the ILS products developers with using source data provided.
8. Support Logistic Demonstrations and ILS products validation/verification efforts as required.
9. Support field test activities, track and document test incidents and provide close out reports as required.
10. Investigate customer and internal inquiries and provide responses, reports, and materials as required.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Engineering Technology, Engineering Discipline or Business related fields required. Must have 6 - 9 years of experience.
2. Experience in maintenance and/or supply support of complex systems in a military environment (Abrams, FOX, MRAP, or Stryker) preferred.
3. Experience in conducting trade studies, requirements identification and requirements definition required.
4. Experience in LSA/LSAR, MIL-STD-1388-2B, MIL-PRF-49506, and SLIC/SLICWARE desired.
5. Experience with National Maintenance Work Requirements (NMWR) analysis and document development required. Experience with assembl/disassembly of components desired.
6. Familiar with US Army logistics support structure, policies and procedures
7. Possess personal computer skills, familiar with CAD models (PRO-E/Product View) and proficient with MS Office applications.
8. Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written skills) desired.
9. Occasional work in Prototype Shop and field test environment required.
10. Meet ASR requirements.
11. Occasional travel to field and test sites may be required.
12. Occasional weekday and/or weekend overtime required.
13. Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
14. Familiarity with Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) a plus
General Dynamics Land Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Generally dynamic, General Dynamics is a prime military contractor to the Pentagon (the US government accounts for about 70% of sales). The...