Certified Professional Coder/CPC - Centennial Heart (Nashville, TN)-03926-11738
Tennessee-Nashville-Physician Offices - Nashville
Administrative & Clerical
Certified Cardiology Coder/CPC or CCS-P
HCA Physician Services implements innovative, value added solutions that help physicians deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare to support HCA´s commitment to the care and improvement of human life. We focus on quality, streamlining operations and innovative technology to provide value added solutions that help physicians deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation´s largest private provider of healthcare services.
The Coder - CPC is a key member of the Physician Practice and provides billing and coding expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Receives and reviews charge documents from the clinic.
- Abstracts CPT-4, HCPCS11 and ICD-9-CM from medical records
- Ensures charge information provided is correct and accurate.
- Balances Charge Summary to tickets keyed before updating charges.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of matters regarding charge entry.
- Bills and enters charges in a timely manner in a high volume setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- This position requires the following minimal requirements:
- Knowledge of Medic and CORE systems.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Basic knowledge of coding.
- Knowledge of medical coding and CPT-4, HCPCS II and ICD-9-CM.
- Skill in organization.
- Knowledge of specialty medical practices.
- Ability to read and understand an EOB.
- Minimum five (5) years cardiology, electrophysiology, interventional, and peripheral coding experience is required.
- Certified Procedural Coder (CPC), Certified Coding Specialist Physician (CCS-P) or equivalent required
HEALTHeCAREERS Network - 4 years ago
HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) operates more than 160 acute care, psychiatric, and rehabilitation hospitals in the US and...