- Conduct vendor audits, create reports, and communicate with Quality Assurance Coordinator/Manager
- Prepare QC Plans, ITP’s, and Communication Plans as necessary. Review records and create NCRs as necessary. Maintain necessary communication with Vendors/Project Manager. Ensure issues are resolved. Maintain all relevant records
- Conduct In-Progress Inspections, Fabrication Inspections, Receiving Inspections (when necessary), Coating Inspections, witness FAT’s, etc. as required by QC Plans/ITP’s. Fill out the necessary documentation; communicate results to QA coordinator, and forward records to Document Controller
- Create NCRs and follow through with dispositions
- Maintain communication with sub-contracted or outside Inspectors to ensure control over all QC activities
- Review vendor documents and coordinate with Document Controller and Procurement as necessary
- Prepare Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning documents
- Liaise with rig crews during rig up and commissioning to ensure Quality Control
- Welding Inspection, MTR Control, Weld Mapping, etc.
- Stay current with statutory requirements, API standards, and relevant standards (ABSA, ASME, IRPs, CSA).
- Assist in development of processes and procedures to set up a formal Quality Management System based on API/ISO principles by receiving inputs from all key stakeholders
- Assist in development of standards for Construction Departments within Ensign
- Provide training & assistance for other Ensign divisions
- Other QA/QC related duties as assigned
- Business Ethics – Understand and apply Ensign’s ethics policy in all business dealings including contractual agreements and contract negotiations.
- Occupational Health and Safety – Understand and apply the Ensign Health and Safety policy as well as be responsible for his/her own health and safety at work. Responsible to avoid adversely affecting the health and safety of others through any act or omission.
o Responsible for the correct use protective clothing and equipment as provided by Ensign and for guarding against misuse or damage to such equipment.
o Responsible for reporting any hazardous situations arising in the workplace that cannot be self corrected, or injury incurred during the course of work, no matter how minor.
o Responsible for avoiding injury resulting from manual handling tasks associated with his/her employment, by use of risk assessment, correct mechanical handling equipment and appropriate manual handling techniques.
- Industry Standards and Regulations – Be familiar with relevant industry standards, recommended practices and regulations. Monitor compliance with industry and government requirements as well as promote there acceptance in all aspects of company business.
- Supervision - Will be required to provide direction to outside suppliers and tradesmen
- Memberships – Maintain memberships, and participate in industry related organizations to stay current with changes in Technology, and trends.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technologist or Technician
- Experience with drilling rig operation and equipment
- Previous QC experience or auditing experience an asset
- Detail oriented and good record keeping skills
- Must have valid driver license
- The position is based in Houston, Texas, but due to the wide geographical area in which Ensign operates, some travel will be necessary.
- Drilling and Servicing operations operate continuously, therefore the incumbent must provide support on a 24-hour basis (on-call duties).
- May be required to provide direction to outside suppliers and tradesmen
Oilfield Supply Inc.
Feb 13, 2013, 3:46:00 PM
Mar 31, 2013, 2:46:00 PM
Ensign Energy Services Inc. is a provider of oilfield services to the crude oil and natural gas industry in Canada, the United States and...