This is an excellent opportunity for individuals interested in a career within financial sales. The Internal Wholesaler will work with External Wholesaler(s) as a business development resource to Financial Planners and Advisors for SunAmerica variable annuity products.
The Internal Wholesaler will be primarily responsible for gathering and utilizing marketing intelligence to increase sales for a specific territory(ies). Together with the External Wholesaler(s) this position is responsible for developing new and maintaining existing business relationships. Business relationships are forged via proactively contacting financial advisors and providing sales support by responding to advisors calls regarding our products. Proactive outbound calls to Financial Advisors will account for 85%-95% of the daily activity, these activities include, but are not limited to:
The remaining 5%-15% of daily activity will include, but not be limited to:
- Calling on the corporate call focus and message.
- Product positioning for the Financial Advisors clients.
- Uncovering the needs of the advisor and how SunAmerica’s product will fit that need.
- Educating advisors on the SunAmerica variable annuity product.
The selected candidate should be a goal oriented, self directed individual who is constantly striving to exceed expectations with an enthusiastic sales attitude. The candidate should also be motivated by achieving set goals and increasing sales within a designated territory.
- Responding to calls and questions about SunAmerica’s variable annuity.
- Addressing and working through challenges to the business development process.
- Corresponding via email to Advisors, External Wholesalers, and other internal departments.
- Creating and sending case specific illustrations SunAmerica’s variable annuity.
- Sending marketing materials.
Key performance objectives for the Internal Wholesaler:
1. Maximize territory performance
2. Development and implement a territory plan
3. Become a recognized product line and industry expert
4. Establish a professional outbound calling process
5. Improve call quality by providing real time solutions on each call
6. Develop deep on-going relationships with each account
7. Handle inbound call professionally and accurately
8. Manage and organize a high volume of activity
Principals ONLY. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES DIRECTLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor’s Degree or work equivalent with an emphasis on marketing/business preferred.
- Two years of sales/marketing experience preferred.
- Two years financial services or investment management experience preferred.
- FINRA Series 6 & 63 required.
- California DOI Life and Health and Variable Contract License required.
- Top notch phone etiquette and excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written required.
SunAmerica Financial Group is the fourth largest life insurance organization in the United States based on more than $221 billion of admitted assets as of September 30, 2009. It is comprised of several leading life insurance and retirement services businesses, including American General Life Companies, AGLA, VALIC, Western National Life Insurance Company, SunAmerica Retirement Markets, SunAmerica Mutual Funds, SunAmerica Affordable Housing Partners, FSC Securities, Royal Alliance and SagePoint Financial. The unified businesses, which comprise the domestic life and retirement services unit of AIG, offer a comprehensive suite of life insurance, retirement savings products and guaranteed income solutions through an established multi-channel distribution network that includes banks, national, regional and independent broker-dealers, career financial advisors, wholesale life brokers, insurance agents and a direct to consumer platform. Equal Opportunity Employer.
American International Group
- 4 years ago - save job