We are seeking an experienced Sr. Product Line Manager, Football, Team Sports to lead the vision of our product range. This business will deliver newness and innovation in product, while growing market share and profitability. Core responsibilities include, managing a line architecture that meets style, sku, margin, and financial targets, and partnering with the Business Unit Director to execute merchandising and marketing plans to take the business to the next level. The Sr. Product Line Manager leads collaboration and articulates a vision across materials, design, development, sales, marketing, and their cross-category team members- to assure key stories and strategies are aligned throughout the season. We are looking for a team player who brings strong product creation experience, entrepreneurial thinking, and enthusiasm for the consumer to the business.
What will I do at UA?
- Provide direction regarding product assortments, ensuring execution of brand strategies and product initiatives.
- Create and lead strategic plans for category development with a keen eye on what is hot in the category and how we can continue to innovate.
- Partner w/ Design, Sourcing, Fabric and Development teams to commercialize product from concept stage to market.
- Align your category w/ Brand Initiatives shared between Accessories, Apparel and Footwear Departments.
- Partner with Marketing and Sales Groups to best represent your product offering and the brand in account doors and elsewhere through creative and relevant story telling bringing your vision to life at market.
- Manage and drive the product building process to be aligned w/ the company’s seasonal calendar, leading the team cross functionally to ensure calendar dates are executed against.
- Be accountable for driving your business by building profitable, market right, consumer right product that is inline w/ department and company financial targets.
- Be the expert on your core consumer & of your business. Know how they shop, where they shop, how they wear it, and the overall competitive market landscape. In turn, be active and strategic as you plan current season’s assortment and identify future seasonal opportunities.
- Maintain a strong understanding of product demand, forecast and inventory levels.
- Own the business statistics such as sales history, market trends, product mix & price points, competition and apply this relevant information during the product briefing stage to provide clear direction in order to achieve the targeted growth.
What does UA need from me?
- Bachelors Degree. 6+ years of product building/merchandising/marketing experience (sporting goods industry, team sports apparel and/or activewear experience preferred), or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Must have exhibited a proactive and passionate approach to driving fresh, innovating thinking- from product concept to processes.
- A self starter who brings a level of passion, enthusiasm, and focus to their day to day business and can guide/collaborate with their partners with a “can do” entrepreneurial attitude.
- Strong working knowledge of building good, better, and best level product focused on fabric, fit, and margin.
- Strong presentation skills – be a highly skilled presenter who can present/sell in to all levels of the organization who can communicate a clear, inspiring vision.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, assuring overall vision and strategy is achieved across seasonal ranges.
- Be the expert on the core consumer & of the business. Know how they shop, where they shop, how they wear it, and the overall competitive market landscape. In turn, be active and strategic as you plan current season’s assortment and identify future seasonal opportunities.
[Senior PLM, Football ] - [Apparel ] - [ Corporate Headquarters ]
Under Armour - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Under Armour (NYSE: UA) is a leading developer, marketer and distributor of branded performance products for men, women and youth. As of...