RESPONSIBILITIES : · S tag e and program customer orders · Test, troubleshoot, and program various electronic circuitry and telephony equipment which may include: phones, circuit cards in pre-programmed slots, CPU's, KSU's, and test cabinets, Voicemails, data equipment and other equipment. · Meet quality metrics as set forth in the quality expectations document
- Use technical manuals and other documentation to assist in programming and troubleshooting. · Meet productivity metric for each product to maximize output
- Follow work procedures to minimize cost of production
- Other duties or task as assigned by supervisor
- Models appropriate behavior in regards to Optus’ Core Values and Code of Ethics Policies and supports Optus’ team approach to Quality.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS : Minimal or no travel of off-site locations.
- High School Degree or Equivalent preferred.
- Basic, reading, writing and math skills are required.
- Excellent verifiable attendance history and positive attitude are required.
- Vocational Technical College degree in Electronics, Circuitry or Industrial preferred.
- Verifiable experience soldering jumper components, identifying components and operating multi-meters .
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and able to demonstrate excellent customer service and have strong written and verbal communication skills, a keen attention to detail and great organizational habit.
- This position requires the successful candidate to be able to multi-task, work within externally developed deadlines, and respond promptly and efficiently to change.
Ability to read, write, and communicate both orally and written to external and i nternal customers and employees. Normal vision and n ormal hearing with or without correction . Ability to lift and/or carry up to 40 lbs., periodically, throughout workday . Ability to stand, walk , climb stairs, sit in one place, squat and kneel continuously throughout day . Ability to reach, bend , and twist continuously throughout day . Ability to use hands and feet together for repetitive, coordinated motions. Ability to use hands for gripping and squeezing, as well as repetitive hand and wrist motions. Ability to work together effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
Monster - 20 months ago