Job Title: Linux Build Engineer
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Pay rate: $55/hr on W2
Duration: 10 months
deploy additional capacity as needed: Monitoring,
- Maintain compute cluster/storage environment and
servicing, improving capabilities, and developing
solutions to issues in that environment.
systems, data storage, network hardware and
- Maintenance activities will include Linux operating
supervision Produce detailed, thorough tracking and
- Must be able to work on a team with minimal
documentation of work Monitor and manage
infrastructure and network devices, ensuring
adherence to documented procedures; Deploy
computer/system software and hardware
- Demonstrate and use task management and
continuous process improvement.
- Adapt and support functional strategies
- Perform routine administration duties
- Implement and monitor operational metrics to provide
planning/implementation/maintenance projects. To
- Participate as a team member on capacity
include HW and SW deployment, configuration,
maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Assist end users with issue
- Research, propose, and implement managed environment
Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with a Linux
development or administrative department.
Maintaining Linux systems (Ubuntu) in a clustered
Working knowledge of the following is a plus: SGE, GPFS,
Experience implementing and maintaining common network
services, nfs, dhcp, dns, etc.
Good written and oral communication and customer service
Very strong understanding of Linux (Ubuntu, RedHat),
network routing fundamentals, network transmission
Solid experience managing enterprise storage systems
(GPFS a plus)
Nagios configuration/monitoring capabilities desired
Able to troubleshoot complex issues, including
server-related, software-related, and network-related
Knowledge of Linux-based operating systems (Ubuntu, RHEL
Ability to script in shell and/or Perl.
Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) in Computer Science,
Business Information Systems, related field or
Job Code : BHJOB3479_517835
Kelly IT Resources - 23 months ago
Kelly Services, Inc. (Kelly) is a global temporary staffing provider operating in 36 countries and territories throughout the world. The...