Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Civil Engineer. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Would you enjoy ensuring the safe and efficient operation of Government facilities? Incumbentinterprets, selects, adapts and applies a variety of professional engineering principles, guidelines, precedents and practices to specific engineering problems.
Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential!
LOCATION: Great Plains Region,Oklahoma-Texas Area Office, Facility Operations Group, Oklahoma City, OK.
For living conditions go to: http://www.usbr.gov/gp/employment/living_conditions.pdf
First-Post-of-Duty relocation expenses are authorized for new appointments and reinstatement eligibles.
Reviews operation, maintenance, and replacement activities in accordance with instruction, prescribed schedules, contract obligations, standards, and guidelines for purposes of determining conformance with existing policy and program requirements.
- Prepares and/or reviews plans and cost estimates for operation, maintenance, replacement, and rehabilitation of project facilities.
- Reviews and updates Standing Operating Procedures for dams, reservoirs, and pumping plants. Reviews operating criteria for dams, reservoirs, and associated facilities with other Reclamation staff or water user operations personnel and updates criteria to conform to design requirements, current safety requirements and operations needs.
- Assists with Safety of Dam Program Coordination and participates in or directs studies to identify corrective actions to address safety of dams deficiencies.
- Provides technical assistance to others regarding issues related to development of multipurpose water projects including operation, maintenance, district management practices, dam safety, emergency management, water conservation, safety, security, environmental, economic, and facility/equipment design.
- Performs engineering services, such asminor design, operation and maintenance, and rehabilitation and betterment of civil works features, including water storage, conveyance, and distribution systems; buildings, roads, and bridges; and associated service facilities, structures, and recreation facilities.
U.S. Citizenship or National
Must submit a resume and supporting documentation (See How to Apply).
Must meet education and/or specialized experience (See Qualifications).
Submit transcript(s) to verify the education requirements.
For veterans consideration, submit document(s) under Other Information.
Valid State driver's license required. Travel 5 nights per month.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must first meet the Basic Education Qualification Requirements listed below:
BASIC EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS FOR GS-0810-07/09/11, CIVIL ENGINEER: A. (1) Professional engineering degree from a school of engineering with at least one or more curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum; or (2) included differential and integral calculus AND courses (advanced beyond first year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics;(b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
B. Combination of education AND experience - college level education, training AND/OR technical experience that furnished: (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering, AND (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following:
(1) Professional registration;
(2) Written test - evidence of having successfully passed the Engineer in Training exam or the written test required for professional registration;
(3) Specified academic courses - successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and in engineering that included the courses specified in the basic requirements. The courses must be fully acceptable toward meeting the requirements of a professional engineering curriculum as described in paragraph A; or
(4) Related curriculum - successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in engineering technology or in an appropriate professional field, e.g., physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology or geology, provided the applicant has at least one year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT: In addition to meeting the Basic Education Qualification Requirements, applicants must have education and/or specialized experience as defined below:
GS-07: 1 full year ofgraduate-level education-or-superior academic achievement -or- 1 year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to at least the GS-05 level in the Federal service -or-a combination of education and experience.
GS-09: 2 full years of directly related, progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree-or- 1 year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to at least the GS-07 level in the Federal service -or- a combination of education and experience.
GS-11: 3 full years of directly related, progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree -or- 1 year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to at least the GS-09 level in the Federal service -or- a combination of education and experience.
DEFINITION OF SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: To meet specialized experience, your resume must describe experience that demonstrates the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities as follows:
GS-07: Engineering experience in one of the following areas: design, maintenance, and repair of concrete structures; design and maintenance of dams and irrigation structures; operation and maintenance of water storage or control structures; fluid flow and hydraulics; safety of dams programs; emergency management; and review, exercising, and revision of standard operating procedures and safety programs; leading or coordinating site investigations and examinations of existing facilities.
GS-9: Engineering experience in the design, repair, testing, or modification of structures or mechanical equipment and facilities related to water conveyance or storage. Engineering experience in at least two of the following: design, maintenance, and repair of concrete structures; design and maintenance of dams and irrigation structures; operation and maintenance of water storage or control structures; fluid flow and hydraulics; safety of dams programs; physical and site security; emergency management; and review, exercising, and revision of standard operating procedures and safety programs; leading or coordinating site investigations and examinations of existing facilities.
GS-11: Engineering experience working on multiple complex engineering issues such as Safety of Dams Program, Security Program, Standing Operating Procedures, Emergency Management Program, Review of Operations and Maintenance Programs and Safety Program. Professional experience and project planning in the design, repair, testing, or modification of civil equipment and facilities typical of water conveyance systems. Engineering experience including proficiency in working with at least three of the following: design, maintenance, and repair of concrete structures; design and maintenance of dams and irrigation structures, gates, valves, control equipment; operation and maintenance of dams and irrigation structures; fluid flow and hydraulics; safety of dams programs; physical and site security; emergency management; and review, exercising, and revision of standard operating procedures and safety programs; leading or coordinating site investigations and examinations of existing facilities.
This position has a mandatory education requirement; you must furnish a copy of your transcript of college work completed (unofficial copy is acceptable). Transcript(s) must include the name of the college or university and the date the degree was conferred. Non-submission will result in you being rated not qualified for the position.
Foreign Education: To receive credit for education completed outside the United States, applicants must show proof that the education has been submitted to a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign educational credentials and that such education has been deemed at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education programs.
You must meet all qualification requirements and any selective factors by the closing date of this announcement.
To be considered for this position, applicants are required to submit a resume (with dates of employment, i.e., years and months), an on-line assessment questionnaire, and the following supporting documents, as appropriate.
- TRANSCRIPT(S): All applicants MUST furnish a copy of your college transcript(s). If you have foreign education, you must also submit evidence that any education completed in a foreign institution is equivalent to U.S. educational standards. If selected, you will be required to provide official transcripts to verify your educational qualifications prior to reporting for work.
- DD-214, CERTIFICATE OF RELEASE FROM ACTIVE DUTY: If you are entitled to veterans' preference, you must provide a copy of your DD-214, and you should indicate the type of veterans' preference you are claiming on your resume. Your veterans' preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency.
Salary: $44,176.00 to $74,628.00 Yearly
Apply at this link: http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/315086600
When you apply - Tell them you found this job opportunity on DiverseNote
Diverse_Note - 12 months ago