TX - Dallas
Store Support Center-Corporate
5 - 7 Years
The position will be responsible for ensuring Generally Accepted Accounting Principles ('GAAP') are properly applied to a variety of complex issues in a retail business environment. Relevant accounting topics include inventory valuation, liability completeness, and expense recognition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and document a keen understanding of various complex business transactions and of the corresponding accounting implications by reviewing contracts and interviewing internal & external stakeholders.
• Discuss recommendations with accounting management, especially relevant to changes which will improve the accuracy and / or efficiency of existing processes.
• Educate clerical staff on accounting principles and the real-world application of those principles to daily and monthly processes.
• Prepare and / or review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure accuracy, sufficient supporting documentation, and compliance with GAAP.
• Respond to monthly, quarterly, and annual audit requests from internal and external auditors.
• Maintain process flow documentation to aid in SOX compliance.
• Review and appropriately respond to field requests for accounting adjustments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education: Masters CPA designation or CPA candidate
Experience: 5+, GAAP, EDI
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required to understand and appropriately respond to a variety of business process issues
Strong written and oral communication skills are required to prepare process documentation and resolve various vendor transmission invoice issues
The position also requires strong computer skills in both legacy mainframe and PC applications
Microsoft Office programs (particularly Word and Excel) are heavily used
Strong organizational skills are required to identify and prioritize deadlines across multiple assignments
7-Eleven introduced the world to convenience. And in return, the world made us the #1 convenience retailer. It started with a simple idea...