As a leader in the health, fitness and wellness industry, you'll be responsible for improving lives. Starting with your own.
The Vitamin Shoppe is dedicated to healthy living. We seek to differentiate ourselves by providing the highest quality products at discount prices and by providing exceptional customer service. We increase the value we offer to our customers through Vitamin Shoppe brand products and by being an education destination for our customers. And, only at the Vitamin Shoppe will customers find Associates, or Health Enthusiasts, committed to sharing information regarding health, fitness and nutrition!
This position is responsible for the management of retail store operations. Motivating the store team to reinforce customer service and ensure the store consistently executes all operational functions to company standards.
1. Achieve and or exceeds all financial goals established for the store; meet and/or exceed sales plans.
2. Build and develop a team of qualified Assistant Store Managers and Sales Associates who can achieve established goals and objectives through recruitment, training and development.
3. Establish, model, and reinforce outstanding customer service and hand selling.
4. Execute all company policies and objectives within the store, ensuring that the Vitamin Shoppe Brand and company is well represented.
5. Foster a health, fitness, and nutrition culture.
6. Foster a positive work and shopping environment that embraces diversity and promotes sales.
7. Manage expense within budget.
8. Create appropriate schedules based on business needs and payroll guidelines.
9. Maintain effective communication and partner with District Manager and home office.
10. Protect and maintain company assets and resources to include inventory, fixtures, and physical plant.
11. Implement and execute people practices that support the growth of the company, individual and team.
12. Effectively communicate and bring to life the company vision, values and expectations in stores.
13. Execute and maintain operational, promotional, and visual/merchandise standards and initiatives.
1. Ensures that stores, and work areas are clean, secure, and well maintained.
2. Performs other duties as required.
Directs, guides and evaluates 8-10 Assistant Store Managers and Sales Associates.
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes matching 401K, employee stock purchase plan, medical, dental insurance, vision-care plan, prescription drug coverage, disability benefits, confidential employee assistance program, health advocacy program, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid sick time, paid holidays, paid vacations, associate discount, and a credit union.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of experience and instruction. Associate’s Degree preferred.
Familiarity with retail sales, merchandising programs and procedures, and the competitive environment.
Knowledge of the retail industry.
Minimum of two years of experience in a retail managerial position.
Skill and Ability:
Strong interpersonal and public relations skills.
Excellent sales abilities.
Excellent customer service skills.
Good organizational and problem-solving skills.
Excellent supervisory and leadership abilities.
Vitamin Shoppe - 15 months ago