• The Short Term Markets and Financing Technology Production Support team works closely with the Front office and Operational teams providing front to back office application support and incremental development.
• The team is geographically spread across Tokyo, Singapore, London, Greenwich, and Chicago and will continue to expand into other regions as the business grows.
• The team operates alongside the Futures Development Technology teams, who are predominantly based in London and Gurgaon, India.
Team Function and responsibilities
• The team is responsible for supporting, maintaining and enhancing the global technology platforms underpinning the Futures, Prime Brokerage, Repo and Money Market businesses within Global Banking and Markets (GBM). The platforms are a mixture of in-house developed and 3rd party systems.
• The team operates a “follow the sun” support model with an escalation callout rota, this is further backed up by the Development teams who operate a 24*7 third line support rota.
• The team assists the business on client pitches providing technical information and demonstrations.
• The team performs technical client on-boarding across the STMF platforms.
Role specific responsibilities
• Day to day support and liaison with Futures Operations team concerning R&N performance, management and enhancement.
• Vendor relationship management with ION Trading Ltd to ensure high standards of support are established / maintained with suitable metric put in place to monitor and report.
• Review and assess support queries/issues from multiple sources and allocate time/prioritise accordingly, recording issues, time-spent and resolution details accurately in the production support system.
• Delivery of enhancements and bug fixes as per the business prioritisation process.
• Delivery of mandatory upgrades driven by 3rd party vendors, exchanges, ECN’s and RBS.
• Develop flexible and generic solutions that integrate with the Futures environment adhering to the team’s project process.
• Liaison with external clients during the on-boarding process and ongoing support of electronic customers.
• Assist the business on client pitches, providing technical information and demonstrations.
• Futures and Options business and systems knowledge with a strong understanding of the trade life cycle.
• Positive working relationship with local and global R&N team members.
• R&N RANsys experience including detailed knowledge of account, user and instrument setup, imports/exports, hardware configuration and overnight batch workings.
• RANsys Regression Testing experience with regards Software Upgrades.
• RANbase experience including hardware setup, loading detail and database structure.
• RANtask and Business Objects experience.
• Experience of RANsys installations and the Project Management associated with the task.
• Basic understanding of Futures Regulatory Reporting (MiFID Transaction Reporting and US Position reporting).
• Fixed income, Equities, Commodities and Credit Derivatives business knowledge.
• Business Objects report writing.
• Hard-working team player with ability to communicate effectively across geographical and operational boundaries.
• Able to operate efficiently under pressure and trouble shoot problems on the spot.
• Motivated by ‘delivery’ and prepared to take charge of own projects.
• Strong analytical/logical approach to systems development and support.
• Good Interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Good organisation, planning and time management skills.
• High level of attention to detail coupled with good energy levels.
"It is the policy of The Royal Bank of Scotland, PLC to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other factor protected by federal, state, and/or local laws."
Employer immigration sponsorship not available for this role.”
RBS Insurance - 24 months ago