Cable West Division
Comcast Cable is one of the nation's largest and most innovative video, high-speed Internet and phone providers. With nearly $12 billion in revenue and more than 21,000 employees, Comcast Cable's West Division has a powerful presence in the marketplace. Through its community investment program, Comcast Cares, more than 24,000 Comcast volunteers served communities in this 12-state division in 2012. Comcast ranks #49 on the Fortune 500 list and has a very strong foothold in both distribution and content segments of the entertainment industry. With the acquisition of a controlling stake of NBCUniversal in January 2011, it has created one of the world's largest media and entertainment companies. Comcast Cable operates in 39 states; with $38B in revenues and is revolutionizing the way we communicate content, information and data to our customers.
Responsible for providing technical support for Comcast high speed internet and Comcast Digital Voice Services problems via phone, email and/or instant messaging. Troubleshoots hardware and software issues and communicates with helpdesk to resolve complex issues/problems. Provides technical assistance to insure a positive customer experience. Ensures adherence to the Comcast Quality Experience (CQE). Works with moderate supervision/guidance. Is accountable for individual results and impact on team.
internet product in a prompt, efficient and professional manner.
- Provides a full range of customer service for Comcast high speed
firewall/ router/hub problems and provides customer education to same.
- Advances troubleshoot PC/browser/e-mail/personal webpage/connectivity
obtain key information and resolve complex service problems with first
- Demonstrates listening and analytical skills, with the ability to
troubleshooting operating systems, software and hardware.
- Demonstrates knowledge of installing software programs and
short-term and long-term needs and understands issues from customers
- Communicates courteously and pro-actively to learn customers
position. Recommends products or services to promote customer focus in
employees and develop partnerships with customers.
systems, internet/IP, web browsers, e-mail and other PC operating and
- Possesses an excellent knowledge of windows and Macintosh operating
connectivity technologies. Diagnoses PC hardware, software, operating
system and cable modem and cabling issues.
expectations (increased KPI/MPS).
- Remains abreast of new products and technology.
- Consistently demonstrates ability to meet higher performance
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.
- Minimum of 1 year experience troubleshooting hardware, software, operating systems and browser - Required
- 2-5 years customer service experience - Required
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
Comcast - 18 months ago
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online...