Job Requisition Number: 72146
Category: Information Systems - Analyst
Primary Location: Washington, DC, US
Security Clearance: None
Clearance Status: Not Applicable
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel: None
Percent of Travel Required: None
The Desktop Architect will develop plans for the implementation of the customer’s end user computing environment.
This position provides for the design, implementation, documentation, and support of the desktop computing environment. The position also provides direction and leadership regarding these systems.
- Analyzes products and recommends upgrades or new products and procedures based on assessments of the organizations current and future computing environment needs.
- Manages user relations, assist network and server architect in the development of systems.
- Aids in the development of short and long range plans for computing systems.
- Responsible for engineering desktop and support practices.
- Responsible for detail design of application and desktop deployments, appropriate desktop/laptops/mobile device setups, OS applications, remote desktop access, antivirus, and system patching deployment.
- Maintains an advanced level of technical expertise on desktop management methods and best practices
- Work with security administrator to define and design desktop security practices including AV, , Group Policy, and remote client access.
- Work with Network engineers and Network Architect to ensure proper configuration of WAN desktop clients
- Promotes and supports adherence to established network policies and procedures.
- Oversight of tactical plan implementation to include evaluation of process plan and ensures proper communication..
- Hands-on technical assistance for problem resolution in all technical disciplines, Recommend best practices/changes
- Assist the Client support manager and Security Manager in developing standard operating and security procedures for the end user computing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with 4 years’ experience in a complex desktop computing environment.
- 4 years’ experience in the analysis, design, and support of business systems utilized in a large complex information systems environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Operating systems and application delivery tools. Must possess extensive knowledge of desktop imaging, application packaging and deployment, application and desktop virtualization, and thin client computing. Experience with Microsoft SCCM, VMware, Active Directory, Group Policy, AntiVirus required.
- Experience with advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills is required with an emphasis on the ability to work with senior management, clinical and business professionals.
- Microsoft MCSE or MCTIP, A+
CACI provides information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies and the Russell 2000 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for approximately 14,900 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
CACI International - 19 months ago
CACI provides information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence,...