ROLE: To support oceanographic data acquisition and analysis projects.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: The ability to supervise technicians and other staff in the completion of program tasks is required.
- Assist with oceanographic observational programs; including measurement program and mooring design, preparation and mobilization of equipment, and collection of field observations.
- Perform field data processing, interpretation and presentation tasks.
- Prepare written reports including discussions of technical methods, analyze results, and process descriptions.
- Assure proper archiving and documentation of program data.
- Assist with oceanographic instrumentation system design, specification, construction and documentation.
- Perform domestic and international field missions to install systems.
- Complete projects within budget and schedule restraints.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: From Project Manager
PERFORMANCE EVALUATION BASED ON:
- Project Performance
- Accuracy of analysis
- Level of competence in data analysis and process interpretations
- Completion of projects at or below budget
- Quality of reports and proposals
- Teamwork and ability to work effectively with colleagues
- Client satisfaction with program and project results
BS Degree in oceanography, engineering, or physical sciences plus 1-2 years of demonstrated experience in field oceanography related projects or proven equivalent experience. This position will require 30 day ship based rotations in Brazil. The ability to perform 30 days at sea field work for both domestic and international programs is required. Demonstrated prior experience for 30 days at sea programs is desired. Demonstrated experience with sub-surface and surface mooring installation and turn around is required. Experience in the control, application, and use of oceanographic instrument systems is required - specifically 75 kHz ADCP, Single Point Current Meters, CTD instrumentation, and acoustic releases. A high level of proficiency in personal computers including MS Word, Excel, and various instrument communications programs as well as specific instrument communication protocols is required. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
Further information about the Woods Hole Group can be found on our website.
The Woods Hole Group, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please send resume outlining education, work experience and
salary history to:
- The position is a full time, salaried position working 30 days on/30 days off.
- This position can be based out of Houston, TX or Falmouth, MA office.
- The Woods Hole Group offers a full time benefit package that includes a 401(K) program, health insurance benefits, and competitive vacation and sick time policy.
The Woods Hole Group, Inc.
81 Technology Park Drive
E. Falmouth, MA 02536
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Woods Hole Group - 12 months ago