Quantech is seeking a professional to join a team at a Lexington area Federally Funded Research and Development Center. The Center is chartered to apply advanced technology to problems of national security. Research and development activities focus on long-term technology development as well as rapid system prototyping and demonstration. The Laboratory works with industry to transition new concepts and technology for system development and deployment.
We are prototyping an information-centric, service-oriented architecture (SOA) to support USTRANSCOM in a multi-thrust effort to assist in making a transition to increased dynamic planning capability and efficiency. The project is seeking an experienced software engineer to assist in overall architecture development, from basic services to domain-specific business logic.
Specific Qualifications/Talents Required:
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or other technical field,
• 5+ years directly related experience is required
• Strong Java and database developer who is comfortable with multi-threaded designs, event-driven architecture, and versant in database modeling and development
• Should be comfortable with Spring, Camel, XML, Eclipse, Maven, pub/sub technologies such as ActiveMQ, and database technologies
• Experience with grid/cloud technologies such as Hadoop, Cloudbase would be a plus
**Must be a U.S. Citizen**
**Must not have a dual citizenship with another nation**
**A DoD Secret Security Clearance will be required (security clearances can be acquired during hiring process)**