Olin Chlor Alkali Products has an opening at the Henderson, Nevada facility for a Mechanical Reliability Engineer . This role will provide mechanical reliability support to the plant by performing engineering analysis and calculations as well as assisting with plant troubleshooting and implementation of a reliability program.
Olin Chlor Alkali Products has become one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chlorine, caustic soda, bleach, and related chemicals. Our 1,500+ employees participate like they are owners of the company. What really makes Olin Chlor Alkali special is our culture - a culture where every person is an integral part of the success of the company, where co-workers support and encourage each other, and where “valuing people” is not a slogan – it’s a way of doing business every day. It’s made the difference between just being another chemical company and a chemical company that is focused on discovering new and better ways to serve our people and our customers.
Typical responsibilities for a Mechanical Reliability Engineer include:
This role will provide leadership and support the maintenance excellence reliability for process equipment and processes.
- Implement Maintenance Excellence initiatives, goals and costs to improve the overall effectiveness of the maintenance department
- Utilize analytical and engineering skills to identify and reduce / eliminate repeated equipment failures
- Work with Engineering on PSM implementation, i.e., work practices, design and repair standards, mechanical integrity, management of change, Layers of Protection, etc.
- Perform RCFA to ensure long term maintenance equipment problems are appropriately investigated with solutions implemented
- Assist with department budgeting and expenditure forecasting
- Review major purchases and capital projects to optimize life cycle costs
- Assist in tracking metrics and generating the monthly reports for area of responsibility
- Provide input into capital budget to drive improved reliability
- Proactively identify development opportunities to build reliability expertise both personally and within department
- Provide independent quality control of in-house and outside contract services
- Implementation of predictive and preventive reliability programs
- Lead major rebuilds of all mechanical rotating and fixed equipment
THIS POSITION IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP
- Bachelor's degree* in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering. Degree must be from a College or University accredited by US Department of Education.
- A minimum of 2 Reliability Engineering experience required; previous experience with chemical process piping, tanks, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, compressors, pumps and other rotating equipment preferred; chemical processing industry, pulp and paper or refinery experience preferred.
- Certification in technical skills (vibration analysis, thermography, lubrication, etc.) preferred.
- Must be able to evaluate written information and make numerical calculations sufficiently well to perform assigned general and specific duties and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of rotating equipment and design (ANSI pumps, centrifugal/reciprocating/liquid ring compressors, centrifuges, etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge of fixed equipment and applicable codes (tanks, heat exchangers, piping, API, ASME, etc.)
- Knowledge in OSHA 1910.119 PSM standard preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required; Familiarity with SAP, AutoCAD and Visual Basic preferred.
- Experience working in a union environment preferred.
- Excellent communication, prioritization and interpersonal skills required.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated interest in continued self-development, technical learning and career growth.
- Occasional travel required.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer. M/V/F/D
Olin Chlor Alkali - 12 months ago