Celsis International Ltd
Celsis is a leading international supplier of innovative life science products and laboratory services that improve efficiency and save costs in manufacturing and drug development functions for a broad range of blue chip customers. Our customers include leading global companies in the pharmaceutical (GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, AstraZeneca) and consumer product industries (P&G, Colgate-Palmolive, Pepsi), just to name a few. Celsis delivers substantial savings to its customers through Rapid Detection Systems and In Vitro Technologies.
Celsis In Vitro Technologies (IVT) employs proprietary expertise in hepatocytes (liver cell) technology, and is the premier world provider of in vitro testing products to the pharmaceutical industry. Celsis IVT’s products screen drug compounds for liver toxicity, thereby enabling our customers to proactively eliminate toxic compounds early in the drug discovery and development process. By eliminating the time and cost of further development on compounds that will not be properly metabolized by the human liver, Celsis VIT helps our customers bring new products to the market faster and more cost-effectively.
The purpose of the Logistics Assistant position is to ensure that Celsis/IVT’s product customer needs are met in regards to shipping and inventory of products, as well as to assist and support the Product Operations Department in the production of all product lines.
- Work within SAGE (ERP/MRP) software including WO, SO, BOM, and Inventory Control.
- Assist with tasks necessary for product shipment, inventory control and record keeping.
- Perform work according to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and departmental policies.
- Perform work according to Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) regulations as required by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Maintain instruments and equipment logbooks.
- Prepare media and buffers according to SOPs.
- Actively participate in an on-call team and all of the duties thereof.
- Maintain stock levels of internally utilized products.
- Utilize sterile technique when required for scientific tasks.
- Handling of lab animals.
- Maintain orderly, clean and safe workplace.
- Assist the Products group in the production of hepatocytes, media, microsomes and S9, as required.
- Troubleshoot and help with special projects, as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned.
A degree in a scientific field with 0-3 years relevant experience – Biology/Biochemistry Degree preferred.
- Prior relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Computer literate – Experienced with spreadsheets and word processing (MS Excel and Word).
- Ability to work an “On Call” team.
- Experience with shipping of products and inventory control.
- Aseptic technique.
- Biological production experience preparing buffers and media.
- Familiarity with GLP.
- Mammalian cell culture experience.
- Exposure to working with cryopreserved inventories.
JobHost - 11 months ago