The Benefit Specialist position is a part of the Global Shared Services - People Services organization. The position requires an individual who has excellent problem solving skills. The incumbent must acquire a thorough understanding of Alcoa’s health and welfare, and qualified plans, as well as the ancillary plans, such as tuition assistance, etc. The incumbent must be able to deal with location HR, external health care vendors, internal Legal Department and Industrial Relations Department, and administration vendor and internal resources to resolve benefit issues that impact employee and/or retiree benefits. The candidate must utilize various benefit tracking systems in order record the current status of each individual issue received through location HR.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
- Research benefits issues and work with Benefit Administration, payroll, third-party vendors, BBHR, Industrial Relations, Benefits Consulting, MA&D, union representatives and Legal to resolve those issues as quickly as possible and at the same time providing root cause analysis
- Clarify benefit policies, based upon research of plan provision
- Manage, track and respond to escalated issues within the benefits tracking system to ensure resolution and to be able to track trends in issues
- Act as a customer service consultant handling more complex issues requiring specialized benefits knowledge
- Identify communication and operational issues arising during day to day administration activities.
- Make recommendations for process improvements to continuously improve efficiency and customer service
- Participate in annual enrollment testing to ensure that participant information is correct
- Stay abreast of policy, process, design and regulatory changes
- Research benefits issues related to former employees, acquisition company records, Alcoa databases to determine benefit eligibility
- Escalate issues to third-party vendors as necessary
- Provide timely status updates to customers (BBHR, vendors, etc.)
While many of its aluminum products may be lightweight, Alcoa is anything but. The company is among the world's top producers of...