Life Cycle Engineering
Life Cycle Engineering provides consulting, engineering, applied technology and education solutions that deliver lasting results for private industry, public entities, government organizations and the military. The quality, expertise and dedication of our employees enables Life Cycle Engineering to serve as a trusted resource for reliability consulting and services, net-centric solutions, engineering and technical services, integrated logistics support services, program support services and education. www.LCE.com
BEST PLACES TO WORK IN SOUTH CAROLINA – 7 YEARS RUNNING!
OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE-CENTRIC CULTURE
Currently, LCE is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Tester/Integrator at our Charleston, SC office. Please find the position details below and additional details about our company, culture and benefits at the bottom of this post.
SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURNANCE TESTER/INTEGRATOR
The Software Quality Assurance Tester is an experienced and recognized expert in the field of Testing and Quality Assurance. The candidate will work closely with developers, integrators, and other testers to support the next generation of software projects for the Department of Defense. The candidate will utilize multiple testing methodologies and both functional and automated test tools to perform assigned duties and mitigate the risk of new software development. The candidate will provide solutions-based information technology services to the Department of Defense (DoD) including systems integration, software development and operational system maintenance. The candidate will utilize knowledge of general software test methodologies including requirements gathering, functional testing, performance/stress testing, test plan creation and test case creation and execution to support DoD programs at SPAWAR.
Required Skills & Experience
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD security clearance
- Must achieve DoD 8570 Compliance within 90 days of employment (Security +)
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in relevant engineering/science field (CS, CE, EE preferred) or comparable experience.
- At least 6 years experience in Test and Evaluation
- Ability to analyze system features and functionality and determining the best approach and techniques to test (black box, white box, stress/load, data integrity, security, automation)
- Ability to develop and document program test strategies and detailed test plans
- Proven ability to execute test plans/cases in accordance with best practices & techniques, gather results/metrics, record raw data and prepare test results for various test methods including black box, white box, stress/load, data integrity, security, and automation
- Strong working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) design and implementation
- Total system architecture knowledge including technical understanding of relationships, dependencies, and requirements of hardware and software components
- Successful development and implementation of solutions for the integration of complex and disparate systems/services
- Ability to estimate level of effort (LOE) and duration estimates for project tasking
- Has technical leadership experience to provide direction and assist other team members with their responsibilities based on volume of work and established priorities in order to meet the requirements of the customer
- Ability to manage multiple program components and activities simultaneously
- Highly organized and motivated with the ability to proactively identify, analyze and resolve potential system/software risks and problems
- Understanding of Java software development
- Understanding of Java SOAP Web Services and write SOAP test cases
- Ability to write automated tests
- Ability to perform basic Linux commands
- Ability to read, understand, and work with technical documentation that pertains to software configuration and installation on a Linux server
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven ability to be sensitive to the professional expectations and relationships of business, ensuring a positive interaction and impression for all stakeholders
- Formal training in Quality Assurance / Testing methodologies, processes, and practices
- Highly reliable and capable of meeting work schedule/deadlines consistently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project and general project management terms, standards and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Foster positive work relationships with all stakeholders - customers, clients, co-workers, suppliers, other contractors and visitors, to meet identified contractual obligations
- Ability to adapt to unanticipated support needs and changing priorities
- Ability to recognize changes in work scope and new opportunities and communicate with senior management to take advantage of opportunities and expand customer support.
- Understanding of how to install and configure Linux software packages
- Understanding of basic Linux networking
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience with Apache Web Server, Tomcat Servlet Container, JBoss Application Server
- Experience with Java Message Service (JMS), Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP), WS-Eventing, WS-Notification, SAML and/or WS-Security
- Previous experience with automated test tools including: Mercury Loadrunner, SOATest, Mercury Test Director, iTKO LISA, HP Quality Center, SOAPUI, etc.
- Two – five years experience in the test and evaluation of enterprise architectures including web services, enterprise architectures (eg. SOA), web portal functions and controls, and distributed software development platforms
- Previous experience testing within an Agile environment
- Working knowledge of CollabNet Sourceforge Enterprise, Subversion, CollabNet CUBiT, VMWare, and PKI
- In-depth knowledge of DoD IA Directives to include DoDD8500.1, DoDI 8500.2, DoDD/I 8530.1/.2, CJCSI/M 6510.1, the NSA/IATF, and CC Protection Profiles (PP) for TCSEC Level “C2” Controlled Access
- Knowledge of DoD/military command structure to include all military branches.
- Knowledge of technical writing
- Security+ Certification
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
- Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, reaching, lifting (up to 30 pounds), and standing; occasional prolonged sitting
- Ability to speak, read, hear and write, with or without assistance
- Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization our mission is focused on our clients’ people and organizations. It is our company’s cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE’s success depends on the talent, professionalism and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients’ success.
*Benefits may vary by business unit & location. http://www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
- Free Medical/Dental/Vision for Employees, with affordable plans for the whole family.
- Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available.
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Benefit Account options
- Company matched 401K & company funded Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, & Sick Leave
- Continuing Education & Professional Development Programs at all levels
- Flexible Schedules & Relaxed Dress code
- Employer sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
- Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
- Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more…
Life Cycle Engineering - 22 months ago