1. Baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred.
1. Two years relevant critical care experience in an acute care setting required.
2. Telemetry experience required.
Licenses & Certifications:
1. Registration as a professional nurse in the State of Wisconsin required.
2. CPR certification required.
3. ACLS required.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
1. Experience providing care to a diverse population of patients.
2. Commitment to providing nursing care that is patient and family centered.
3. Compassionate, non-judgmental, respectful and accountable.
4. Knowledge regarding quality improvement and standards of care within practice area.
5. Experience in teaching patients and families.
6. Excellent communication skills.
7. Ability to effectively delegate and supervise the work of other nursing team members.
Physical Requirements: Medium- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting/and or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
This is a Represented position and falls into Pay Grade 6FR. The salary range begins at $29.08 per hour. Education, experience, tenure and internal equity may be taken into consideration when job offers are extended.
60%, Night, 8 hour shifts, B weekend rotation.
This position is in the "1199" Benefits package. UWHC employees enjoy competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package.
While every attempt has been made to provide up-to-date, accurate information, the legal documents, policies, and contracts will prevail in the event of any discrepancy. The above information applies to regular (Permanent) employees.
- Vacation (13 days) // (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Holidays (9 days) // (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Half-day floating holiday at time of hire
- Sick Leave (13 days/year) // (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement (covered in the Wisconsin Retirement system on day 1)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Worker's Compensation
- Tax-Sheltered Annuities (TSA)
- Employee Reimbursement Accounts (ERA)
For addition information, please look on the uwhealth.org website in the careers section.
Contact Katina Kaufman for more information at KKaufman@uwhealth.org or at 608-263-0944.
Who We Are...
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics is a 566 bed facility that ranks among the finest academic medical centers in the United States. Frequently cited in publications listing the nation's best health care providers, UW Hospital and Clinics is recognized as a national leader in fields such as cancer treatment, pediatrics, ophthalmology, surgical specialties and organ transplantation.
UW Hospital and Clinics offers:
How to Apply
- More than 900 active medical staff and more than 80 outpatient clinics.
- Six intensive care units (trauma and life support, pediatric, cardiac, cardiothoracic, burn, neurosurgery) with 83 total beds .
- Nine satellite locations .
- One of only two organizations in Wisconsin with designated level One Adult and Pediatric trauma centers.
Please use the "Apply Now" button found at the top and bottom of this page.