VMM Software Engineer - Graduate Internship
The System Software Division at Intel is looking for a graduate intern to work on virtualized data center software projects. The candidate will research new ideas and develop solutions working explicitly with virtualization hypervisors (VMM).
Candidate must be a student currently enrolled in a Ph.D. track program. Addi
Candidate must have 6+ months of work or educational experience in the following areas
- Evidence of ability to produce novel research ideas leading toward publications (publication record or evidence of current publication opportunities)
- Demonstrated computer architectural knowledge and training, especially in the area of virtualization software
- Technical skills in system performance analysis (software and hardware)
- Demonstrable expertise with system analysis tools such as oprofile*, Intel VTune(TM), Strace*, and/or others
- Demonstrated experience with software-based simulations of hardware architecture behavior
- Demonstrated experience with system-level optimizations such as network configuration and tuning, disk and storage systems, system scalability and load balancing software
- Demonstrated skills in coding (Perl, C and others), especially for prototyping new ideas
Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2014
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...