Job Title: Dean of Enrollment Management
Sector: Enrollment Management and Student Development
Department: Enrollment Management
The University invites applications from candidates who bring solid knowledge of, and have experience in, cutting-edge practices in enrollment processes and other operational aspects of enrollment management in higher education. The ideal candidate will value a student-driven approach that reflects and incorporates a global perspective.
Under limited supervision by the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Development, the Dean of Enrollment Management provides oversight and direction for the design, coordination and implementation of a comprehensive student transition, registration, and academic record keeping program. The University seeks an experienced and energetic Dean, to assume leadership of enrollment functions and establish an integrated one-stop shop approach to enrollment services. The Dean’s role will include maximizing technology to improve resource utilization and customer service, as well as implementing cutting-edge systems and business processes in the following areas: Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar, Retention, International Student Services, Orientation, Registration and Graduation. The position requires a collaborative leader who will help the University determine what is working well, and provide leadership for process improvement in addition to promoting the relationship of the Enrollment Management/ Student Development division with other divisions of the University.
The successful candidate will:
- Devise new and creative approaches to enrollment management, solve complex problems, and keep pace with the changing needs of the higher education market.
- Develop a strategic plan for Enrollment Management and regularly assess goals and objectives.
- Lead the University Enrollment Management committee in developing a university-wide comprehensive strategic enrollment plan to stabilize enrollment.
- Articulate the mission of the university to external communities and develop strategies to stabilize enrollment.
- Develop articulation agreements and partnerships with area institutions of colleges.
- Develop and recommend policies impacting the recruitment and admissions of qualified students to the university.
- Maximize yield of students by recommending appropriate financial aid awarding and packaging.
- Provide leadership in identifying new markets to recruit students
- Develop strategies to address and monitor retention and graduation rates
- Provide effective data analysis to drive decisions supporting strategies to meeting enrollment goals
- Provide direct supervision of Office of the Registrar, Admissions and Student Financial Aid.
- Demonstrate outstanding analytical and planning skills.
- Examine enrollment management processes and lead staff in the training, development, continuous assessment, and expansion of these processes. The Dean will also play a significant role in the recruitment, selection and supervision of staff.
- Demonstrate excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Administer performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Work collaboratively in a team setting with campus constituents, including, but not limited to, students, faculty, and staff across units and sectors of the institution.
- Keep abreast of current trends and best practices in higher education.
- Research and benchmark enrollment practices at peer and aspirational institutions.
- Work in concert with Student Accounts, Information Technology, Student Health Services, Athletics, and other pertinent offices to coordinate enrollment processes for students.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Development.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree required.
- Five to seven years’ experience in college admissions, financial aid, registrar’s office, and/ or enrollment management administrative work.
- Experience working with the Jenzabar System.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures on academic registration and admissions.
- Knowledgeable of best enrollment practices and financial aid packaging and leveraging to yield students.
- Knowledge of procedures and methods for compiling and analyzing data.
- Ability to communicate effectively in counseling students and parents on academic regulations.
- Adherence to FERPA regulations as it relates to student records.
- Working environment is a normal business office setting.
- Demands normal manual dexterity and visual and auditory acuity.
- Must be mobile throughout the campus.
- Typically, the incumbent may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or carrying of light items.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Human Resources Contact:
Rich Kohler, HR Specialist
Human Resources Management
640 Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Blvd
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bethune-Cookman University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer
Bethune-Cookman University - 22 months ago
Clarinetist Phillip O. Paglialonga, currently serves on the faculty of Virginia Tech. He did his undergraduate study at DePaul University...