Supervises a location or segment of a larger department. Implements business objectives, strategies, and plans and manages daily work functions. Responsible for selecting, coaching, and developing employees. Implements and supports company programs and policies. This position is directly responsible for materials management and day to day operations of the warehouse.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by observing safety and security procedures, and by reporting/correcting potentially unsafe conditions.
versee daily operations of the warehouse,
in accordance with the company's policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Provide direction and oversight for material and inventory management.
- Analyze and establish order levels for materials to be maintained in stock or as needed by plant operations and maintenance.
- Facilitate timely submission of capital equipment to be inspected, repaired, or replaced, track and report status for any further necessary decision making related to that asset.
- Initiate purchase requisitions for manual order point items.
- Develop programs to optimize inventory investment and distribution of materials.
- Build and maintain cooperative working relationships with other departments to develop programs to optimize inventory investment and distribution of materials.
- Supervise warehouse and tool-room personnel within the guidelines of the applicable working agreement.
- Coach and develop employees and provide appropriate on-going feedback to deliver high quality services.
- Provide strong customer service focus and orientation.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable field, or the equivalent combination of experience and education.
- A minimum of five years of experience in materials management, warehouse management, and/or procurement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement and materials management, specifically MRP and inventory control.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and
computer skills, including e-mail, electronic spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills to develop/promote cooperative workin
relationships within team and other departments
- Ability to manage employees and deal effectively with personnel issues as they occur, within the boundaries of company policies and procedures and the applicable union contract.
- Ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing business environment with tight schedules.
- Ability to use computer applications for planning, budgeting and project scheduling.
- Must be flexible and available in responding to after-hour emergencies.
- May be assigned to the plant weekend coverage list.
- May be required to callout and supervise plant maintenance employees on a weekend emergency.
- Experience with bargaining unit environments and collective bargaining agreements.
- Knowledge of power plant operations and materials.
- Experience with Investment Recovery Process.
- Experience with SAP.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct and different perspectives our employees bring to the table. We consistently strive to weave diversity into the fabric of everything we do.
PacifiCorp is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace
Pacificorp - 13 months ago