UPMC Mercy is hiring a Casual Specimen Processor II to help support the MERCY-Special Chemistry Department for its UPMC Mercy location. Perform the duties of a Laboratory Specimen Processor regularly. Assist the section supervisor in organizing and monitoring the work of subordinates and assist in training new Laboratory Specimen Processors. Monday-Sunday-open availability all week.
- Demonstrate service orientation approach by conveying courtesy, respect, enthusiasm and a positive attitude in work situations. Show initiative and offer assistance in the completion of the department's work.
- Regularly perform the duties of Laboratory Specimen Processor - Receive and sort (neonatal, pediatric, adult & geriatric) specimens.
- Verify that correct specimens and bar code labels are received.
- Ensure correct patient/specimen identification.
- Prepare, package and send specimens to referral laboratories.
- High school graduate required.
- 2 years of experience as a laboratory specimen processor in order to acquire a thorough knowledge of sectional procedures, laboratory and sectional policies and procedures.
- Effective troubleshooting and interpersonal skills.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
UPMC is one of the leading nonprofit health systems in the United States. A $10 billion integrated global health enterprise headquartered in...