About the Job Did you stand in line on Election Day mapping all the ways to expedite the process? Do you marvel at Chipotle's ability to provide just-in-time service while minimizing defects in customers’ orders? Are your favorite words “why,” “why not,” and “when?” If so, put your process mindset and quantitative skills to work as an analyst on the Opower operations team.
As an Analyst, Operations Design at Opower, you will be responsible for designing and implementing process improvements to drive rapid, high quality delivery of Opower software and services. We are looking for an experienced quantitative analyst who can dive deep into our operations team to map existing processes, use data to generate insights, and drive changes that measurably reduce cost to serve. In this cross-functional role, you will work with a broad team of technical project managers, implementation engineers, engagement managers, and consumer marketers. You will not only examine current processes, but also lead the team through process redesign and retooling to transform our operations as we grow.
We are looking for a proven change maker and discerning analytical thinker to drive this effort. If you have 2+ years in consulting or business analysis, a knack for process redesign, and a desire to take complete ownership of high-impact projects in a hyper-growth company, this is a terrific opportunity to do what you do best in a company that is motivating millions to become more energy efficient and which has substantial resources and market traction worldwide.
- Design and conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses of our operations process, drawing from the fields of lean, six sigma and agile
- Develop the evaluation strategy for Opower operations by finding new ways to measure performance and establishing benchmarks to ensure continuous improvement
- Lead a broad portfolio of process improvement projects, implementing real changes and delivering real benefits
- Partner with the Product Development team to build operational efficiency in all elements of product design and drive greater long-term scalability at Opower
- Preach the gospel of operational efficiency, teaching everyone to eliminate waste, measure results, and seek continuous improvement in everything they do
- You received a bachelor’s degree and 2+ years in consulting, business analysis, software, or a related field
- You seek to model and explain the world around you and can pull from a vault of tools to do so, including Excel, powerpoint, and process mapping software. Experience with SQL and shell scripting is also a plus.
- You are at home leading change management projects and can point to 2-3 examples of organizations you have transformed for the better
- You snuff out waste wherever you see it and think repetition is the root of all evil (and did so before you had ever heard of lean or six sigma)
- You are unafraid to ask anyone in the company what they do, why, and how to make it better
Opower combines a cloud-based platform, big data, and behavioral science to help utilities around the world reduce energy consumption and...