Bachelor’s degree with at least two years experience in a direct service functional area; at least 23 years of age; a valid driver’s license; proof of current liability insurance; effective demonstration of the application of adult specific competencies outlined below to be attained within six (6) months of employment.
• Knowledge of psychiatric disorders in the adult population
• Knowledge of available community resources
• Knowledge of substance abuse treatment issues, developments and trends
• Knowledge of Senior Adult issues for referral purposes
• Knowledge of cultural diversity
• Knowledge of behavior management, crisis intervention and interventions common to acute psychotic consumers, as well as, to non-violent crisis intervention practice
• Knowledge of psychiatric rehabilitation principles
• Knowledge of educational methods appropriate to adults with psychiatric disorders
• Successful completion of MAC certification
• Knowledge of Department of Mental Health Community Mental Health Standards
• Knowledge of utilizing the Electronic Health Record
Primary Job Functions:
1. Supervises adult residential program operations
a. Coordinates and implements program activities for the residential group homes and monitors house schedule and dietary plan to ensure staff compliance.
b. Identifies problems, evaluates alternatives and implements effective solutions.
c. Ensures that Basic Living Skills are written in accordance with all standards and turned in within an appropriate timeframe
d. Reviews MARs to ensure appropriate medication management which includes timely refills and any necessary arrangements with medical staff for new prescriptions
e. Provides staff coverage and direct service duties as needed
f. Oversees appropriate money management with consumers
g. Oversees the management of consumers’ appointments and ensures that appropriate transportation arrangements are made for consumers.
h. Completes necessary reports in a timely manner (i.e. vehicle and facility inspections
i. Ensures that residential program standards are met and ensures adequate coverage of all shift
j. Monitors effective hand off communication at shift change
0 Provides individual and group coping skills training, activity/recreation therapy, and consumer education, utilizing basic therapeutic models and theories according to consumer needs as stated in the treatment plan
0 Ensures adherence to posted PHP schedule
• There is frequent to constant standing while organizing and/or stocking groceries.
• Sitting occasionally to do documentation and/or ordering of supplies and/or groceries; however, extended sitting could be up to 2 hours for documentation, and sitting can be in frequent bursts of up to 10 minutes.
• Walking various distances on grounds can be frequent and up to a distance of 300 feet several times a week.
• There is frequent forward bending from the hips to load boxes for each house with groceries and/or supplies.
• Squatting and/or lunging frequently to stock and/or organize groceries and/or supplies.
• Strong grasp is needed frequently to constantly handle groceries and/or supplies when lifting, sorting and grasping the handle to the delivery door when opening and/or closing.
• Simple grasp and/or pinch grip is needed to frequently handle smaller weighted items, using office supplies (i.e. scissors) and closing zip lock bags.
• Fine manipulation for writing, handling paperwork and data entry on the computer.
• Pushing and/or pulling force up to 30 pounds vertically, occasionally, and up to 10 pounds horizontally, frequently, to open standing and upright freezer doors during shift.
• Lifting various ranges from the floor to overhead with weights up to 5-15 pounds frequently, from the floor to 48 inches with weights up to 30-40 pounds while stocking groceries and/or supplies occasionally, and from floor to waist with weights up to 15 pounds to handle reams of paper and files.
• Employees working in this area will be handling frozen products for several hours while organizing groceries for each home.
• Carrying up to 15 pounds various distances.
• Step ladder climbing to access higher shelves for filing, stocking and/or retrieving.
• Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
AltaPointe Health Systems, Inc. - 12 months ago