Experienced manufacturing engineer responsible for supporting manufacturing operations by working as an operator in all aspects of plasmid DNA manufacturing, including fermentation, lysis, and chromatographic processes and by applying engineering knowledge to troubleshoot problems as well as improve production capabilities. The Manufacturing Engineer will also work to implement and validate new processes and procedures into the Manufacturing area as well as execute, troubleshoot equipment, and optimize overall system performance during manufacturing runs. In addition, the Manufacturing Engineer will assist the Facilities department during periodic plant shutdowns to coordinate equipment maintenance and instrument calibration.
Job Knowledge and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience using large-scale processing equipment: stirred-tank bioreactors, continuous-flow centrifuges, ultrafiltration skids, process tanks, chromatography systems, and automated CIP/SIP systems;
- Experience working in a cGMP environment, including familiarity with cGMP documentation practices and investigating process deviations;
- The ability to communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing;
- Confidence, initiative, strong interpersonal and collaborative skills, and good personal organization skills;
- Ability to independently identify problems and effectively offer solutions to problems;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and meet project deadlines; and
- Experience working on cross-functional teams and a commitment to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Engineering degree in Chemical or Biochemical Engineering. A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8 year’s experience, a Master’s with 5 to 8 years, or a PhD with least 2 years in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline in a manufacturing pharmaceutical/biotechnology environment.
Britech Group, Inc - 2 years ago