The Nike Brand Coordinator (NBC), at Dicks Sporting Goods (DSG), is responsible for creating the Nike in-store brand experience - to achieve sales goals through excellence in sales, provide enhanced customer service through superior customer engagement and provide product management through directed merchandising presentation execution.
The areas the NBC is expected to provide customer service and merchandising support to Nike product throughout the store are:
Reports to the DSG Softlines Manager
Following are KEY job responsibilities of this position; (percentages indicate weighted importance and the estimated time associated with each accountability):
o Must be available to work a mix of day and evening hours to regularly include two weekend shifts per week [Friday-Sunday], scheduled at Managers discretion.
- 70% Selling & Customer Engagement
o During low customer traffic periods, Monday thru Thursday, (mornings preferred), scheduled at managers discretion.
o Participate in training opportunities and share Nike information with co-workers .
- 5% Learning & Communication
Selling and Customer Engagement Responsibilities
Merchandising and Product Management Responsibilities
- Assisting customers on the sales floor during peak traffic hours.
- Maintain a high level of Nike product knowledge in order to assist customers by being able to recommend the right product that meets their needs, from multiple Nike areas within the store.
- Provide service to customers regarding Nike product in all areas of responsibility. Escort customer to other departments suggesting related items to increase units per transaction by encouraging multiple purchases from different Nike areas (often to include apparel, footwear and equipment in a single transaction).
- Meet or exceed sales plans. Nike shop sales should be maintained at a performance level equal to or above total store sales.
- The majority of the Nike Brand Coordinators hours will be scheduled when the store is open to maximize customer engagement and sales opportunities.
Learning & Communication Responsibilities
- No project is as important as an opportunity for customer engagement. The Nike Brand Coordinator will always be alert for selling opportunities.
- Daily ensure product is on the sales floor to proper inventory levels with merchandising standards maintained.
- Execute Nike/DSG merchandising direction -adjust to best fit individual store layout and needs.
- Partner with store management to ensure Nike product is processed and on the sales floor in a timely manner. The NBC does not have exclusive responsibility for processing all Nike products but as a part of product management responsibilities should provide assistance.
- Ensure signage and seasonal initiatives are implemented by assigned completion date. Notify the Signage Coordinator of missing elements.
- Maintain an 80% SKU completion rate. Seasonal updates to be completed within designated time frame will be required each quarter. New NBCs are to complete the recommended SKU training modules within a specified time period after being appointed to the position.
- Participate in Nike product and merchandising training opportunities as available.
- Provide regular communication to Nike to relate success stories regarding outstanding customer engagement.
- Present Nike product at store meetings a minimum of 12 times per year, (monthly) and provide documentation to Nike.
- Coordinate distribution of any seasonal product information and tools to other DSG Sales Associates; ensure Associates have product, technology and brand initiative information to drive Nike sales.
- Friendly, outgoing, and enthusiastic; high comfort level engaging with customers.
- A strong and sincere passion for the Nike brand.
- Strong level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and handle competing priorities each day
- Prior success in establishing goals and achieving results
- Enjoys working in a team environment, and partners with other Sales Associates to sell Nike products.
- Basic computer skills
Why Work for DICK'S Sporting Goods?
- 1-2 years of related experience preferred.
DICK'S Sporting Goods is on an expansion kick, with new stores and unbeatable opportunities for career advancement. If you live and breathe sports, there's no better time to join this winning team! Interviews by appointment only.
- Passion for Sports
- Competitive Pay
- Excellent benefits
- Life Insurance
- Employee Discount
Win BIG Bigger. Faster. Stronger. Smarter.
Dick's Sporting Goods - 3 years ago
See Dick's shoppers run, putt, dunk, drive, dribble -- and buy. Fast-growing Dick's Sporting Goods operates about 480 stores...