Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Configuration Management Analyst
Type of Position:
• BS + 2 years experience or 10 years of relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
• Experience with the Change Management and Configuration Management processes and procedures in support of a data center environment are required, as is experience with tools and processes associated with the job function.
• Experience with the configuration management tools which use a ticketing and tracking capability.
• Experience with the development and implementation of CM processes and procedures associated with the effective management of a data center environment.
• Experience with CM tools and process.
• 4 plus years of experience
• Ability to effectively work in a team of support personnel to meet operational objectives.
• Documentation skills to include process diagramming and the development of operational support guidelines / reference material.
• Ability to work closely with certification personnel to identify and resolve security concerns.
URS Corporation - a FORTUNE 500 Company - is a fully integrated engineering and technical services organization with the capabilities to support every stage of the project life cycle. URS provides these services for the U.S. federal government, national governments of other countries, state and local government agencies in the United States, FORTUNE 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We have approximately 50,000 employees in a network of offices in more than 30 countries. The Company’s business is focused on four key market sectors: Federal, Infrastructure, Power, and Industrial & Commercial.
URS is looking for a Configuration Management Analyst to join our team in Chantilly, Virginia!
• The CM Analyst will assist the Configuration Manager with the management and tracking of configuration and change requests in support of the CCIIO Enterprise Cloud Application Platform (ECAP).
• ECAP is a virtualized, cloud based environment hosting a variety of applications in support of our HHS customers. The platform is hosted within the Terremark Enterprise Cloud and managed remotely from our offices in Chantilly.
• Elements of a typical Data Center environment that occur above the facility and physical hardware layer are managed to include server provisioning, monitoring, performance analysis, network configuration and management.
• Detailed specifications for redundancy, failover, and disaster recovery need to be planned and implemented.
• The VM environment will be a combination of Red Hat Linux and MS Windows with a SAN based storage and backup solution.
• Work will include solution design, resource provisioning, system verification and delivery.
• Responsibilities will primarily include configuration management duties for the established environment to include the development and implementation of CM support plans and scaling of the supported environment to meet expanding needs.
URS Corporation - 22 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...