The incumbent will provide advanced Linux system administration and overall organization of research group computing environment and network organization; will also perform other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications • 15+ years UNIX/Linux System Administration Experience Please identify all of the areas in which you have experience in supporting an executive or upper management position:
- Advanced Linux System Administration, including custom kernel building, package management tool building (debian dpkg, redhat rpm)
- Apache webserver and MySQL administration
- Bind 9 DNS and ISC DHCP configuration and network management skills.
- Central computer authentication management – NIS, LDAP, Kerberos and SAMBA domain controller.
- Knowledge of IP network switching and routing
- Experience with troubleshooting computer hardware issues with time sensitive (real time) experimental configurations.
- Physical Demands: requires bending, squatting, climbing stairs, reaching up to shoulder height; pushing/pulling up to 60 pounds; reaching above shoulder level; sitting, standing, walking, waist twisting, kneeling; carrying/lifting 0-20 pounds; gripping/grasping, fine/gross finger manipulation; repetitive movements of upper and lower extremities; may be exposed to chemical agents; tuberculosis, blood, body fluids or tissue, and radiological materials; latex, dust, fumes or gases;; differentiate color; use protective equipment. Preferred Qualifications • Experience working in Scientific Research Environment
University of California San Francisco - 2 years ago